Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perma banned from rugby

Options
  • 24-03-2013 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭

Had a heated discussion on rugby forum a month ago, got heated as I felt a certain player was being slated unfairly, got a 3 day ban for referring to a player as a farmer, got angry & used my wife's account to post again, Silly I know, she got site banned (which doesnt bother her) and I got a perma ban from rugby. I enjoyed the forum & was hoping for a chance to be reinstated. a.k. pm'd to say I should appeal here if I so wish.
    I wish to appeal my.ban, but because of my own stupidity, I shan't push it. If reinstated I will try to bite my lip a bit more, if not reinstated, no issues, thanks for your time.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed this with the mod who banned you, as set out above? - the first step before starting a thread here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you discussed this with the mod who banned you, as set out above? - the first step before starting a thread here[/Quote
    Apologies, but this was what I received from a.k.
    The last word "here" was a link to here, dispute resolution. He made no mention of resolving the dispute with him beforehand. Should I approach him? Since it was all my fault, I wanted to follow instructions to the hilt. If you feel approaching him directly is the way to go, I will do so, tnx.

Dear Lelantos,

You have been permanently banned from Rugby for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That is standard wording in all ban messages. Please PM the mod and attempt to resolve it with him first.If that does not resolve it to your satisfaction, then you can post again in this thread and one of the SportsCMods will have a look at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Beasty wrote: »
    That is standard wording in all ban messages. Please PM the mod and attempt to resolve it with him first.If that does not resolve it to your satisfaction, then you can post again in this thread and one of the SportsCMods will have a look at it
    Apologies, will do so, thank you

I note the ban has been lifted following discussion with the mod

This dispute can be marked resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement