Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man sentenced to write 5000 word essay on the dangers of Cannabis use by Judge in Bri

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

dharma200 wrote: »
    Have to say this is one of the funnier sentences ever handed out and is almost Irish in its application of the law.. wonder how the essay will be graded... and how difficult it would be to find 5000 words on the dangers of cannabis use... surely the Judge himself shouldnt need this as he already knows the dangers as he is the one Judging such a henious crime... very very funny and just shows the absurdity of prohibiton...

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-Judge-Julian-Lambert-demands-5-000-word/story-18492592-detail/story.html#axzz2OS20X6O9

A classic quote from the article "Bennett asked if the essay could include the “counter argument” for cannabis, but the judge told him to stick to the dangers."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

By giving such a pathetic punishment I think the judge has unintentionally shown how absolutely idiotic a ban on weed is. The amount of lives that could be saved from legalising it from drug dealers losing that revenue stream, and the tax the government could take on it would far outweigh any argument against legalising it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

I really want to read it though, I think it would be near impossible to write a 5000 word essay on the dangers of cannabis..? I would say it would be interesting research to actually come up with scientific dangers of the use of cannabinoids.... hope he publishes it.. :) Might be very useful to give the Judge something to think about... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Have to say this is one of the funnier sentences ever handed out and is almost Irish in its application of the law.. wonder how the essay will be graded... and how difficult it would be to find 5000 words on the dangers of cannabis use... surely the Judge himself shouldnt need this as he already knows the dangers as he is the one Judging such a henious crime... very very funny and just shows the absurdity of prohibiton...

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-Judge-Julian-Lambert-demands-5-000-word/story-18492592-detail/story.html#axzz2OS20X6O9

I'd go with the danger of racism as stirred up by the prohibitionists......

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

Harry Anslinger, first Drug Czar
    I wish I could show you what a small marijuana cigarette can do to one of our degenerate Spanish-speaking residents. That’s why our problem is so great; the greatest percentage of our population is composed of Spanish-speaking persons, most of who are low mentally, because of social and racial conditions.

Harry Anslinger, U.S. Commissioner of Narcotics at the at a 1937 Congressional hearing on the proposed marijuana Tax Act

"Within the last year we in California have been getting a large influx of Hindoos and they have in turn started quite a demand for cannabis indica; they are a very undesirable lot and the habit is growing in California very fast...the fear is now that they are initiating our whites into this habit.”

Henry J. Finger, a prominent member of the California Board of Pharmacy, at the US delegation to the first International Opium Conference at the Hague in 1911.

brilliant, you should mail the dude that... id say he would defo be happy for the help :) Very good idea for an approach to the worst essay title I could think of being given :)

• Advertisement

brilliant, you should mail the dude that... id say he would defo be happy for the help :) Very good idea for an approach to the worst essay title I could think of being given :)

tried to post link oif thread on bristol news website, wont let me :) think that is a great approach to take to the essay problem :)

Advertisement