Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer 8mm Video to DVD

Options
  • 24-03-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all, what equipment do I need to transfer 8mm video to DVD economically. I have 7 to transfer (about 12 Hours Video) I no longer have the camera which failed early on in it's life. Thank You. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Here are some items you are going to need to start transferring your 8mm films to DVD:
    First of all, you are going to need an 8mm film projector that is in good to excellent condition, preferably one that allows you to control and vary the speed as well as, at the very least, a three-bladed shutter.
    If you do not happen to have an 8mm film projector at home, you will probably have to bring your film into the professional video-production or editing shop, or see if you can borrow one from a friend or family member. Of course, you could buy one via eBay or Craigslist, but that might not be the wisest purchase, unless you feel these projectors add to the sentimentality on the film itself.
    Secondly, you will need to get your hands on a video camera recorder, sometimes referred to as a camcorder. Additionally, you will get your best results if you use one that allows for shutter speed manipulation and variable exposure control.
    Finally, you will need either a film-transfer box or a white card.

Maybe you should avail of some professional service, talk to these folks, pricing seems reasonable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pcmchlp

I like IMGBurn (free), though its interface can be a bit daunting maybe.
    Here's one another example of software to do this that I found by a little Googling:
    http://www.ilikemall.com/convert/burn-mp4-to-dvd.html
    Never used it since I'm a Mac guy, but could be worth a try. I can't attest to its integrity or how well it works. Look around a little and see if you can find a program that's right for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

hi mate u on about the hi-8 video tapes or the film

Advertisement