Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are VHI pulling a fast one ?

Options
  • 24-03-2013 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭

I am a member of VHI and my wife has had to go on expensive prescription drugs recently for a lung complaint. The drug refund scheme only covers over €144 per family. Her bills are around €120. I've noticed from recent VHI claim forms for day to day expenses that they have EXCLUDED benefit for prescription medication, where on the older forms, it was included. Very sneaky indeed. That's gonna hurt us in the pocket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

VHI are scam artists.i cancelled my policy with them last week,it went up nearly double for the family.

The way things are going the healthcare companies are going to price themselves out of market,along with this and the banks now ordering people to cancell the already stressed public route will become totally non feasible.

By the way i wonder of the banks will give those medical cards lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What does your policy say?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Victor wrote: »
    What does your policy say?

I moved from Plan B Options with Healthsteps Gold (when I had money before I got married!) to First Plan Plus Level 1, which gives you the equivalent day to day expenses cover as Healthsteps Silver. Just looking at the old forms that I kept for Healthsteps, they used to include benefit for prescription drugs. Yet it is gone now for Gold and Silver, and nowhere to be seen for First Plan Plus Level 1 either !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Im now looking at life assurance,i had a policy with acorn life and they also continued to fleece me,i cancelled and they harassed me with calls,trying to tell me this that and another.
    Clearly the industry is in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Im now looking at life assurance,i had a policy with acorn life and they also continued to fleece me,i cancelled and they harassed me with calls,trying to tell me this that and another.
    Clearly the industry is in trouble.
    check out hia.ie to compare all plans.

• Advertisement
Advertisement