Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Vs Austria - K/O 7:45PM - Sky Sports 2 & RTÉ 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SantryRed wrote: »
    Really can't see us scoring two tbh.

One time Clark had to hoof it.
    aindriu80 wrote: »
    we would be lucky to get a draw tonight. I couldn't believe it.
    Downlinz wrote: »
    They have significantly better players than us.
    Sacramento wrote: »
    Well that appears to be the gameplan unfortunately. If we tried to play as we did against Sweden that would likely yield better results.

The drill seems to be, when you aren't expected to win, play it on the ground and press the team high up the pitch.

When we are expected to win, play it ultra conservative and hoof it to a target man.

Still feeling the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If we really go at the Austrians there are more goals for us. Their defence is all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Lovely jubbley :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Apart from Clarke error, that was a damn fine half.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

My Stream Died Just as he scored :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hopefully we keep at the Austrians in the second half. Lets really get at them. Happy with that first half, really didn't see where the goals were going to come from but thank you Pogatetz for a way back into the game!

Shane Long and James McCarthy have been excellent.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Very good performance having after a shaky start. Have to be happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Long is playing as good as i've ever seen him play. He must be a nightmare to defend against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

where is that guy on here who 'cringes' when james mcclean is playing? moron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Walters needs to be subbed off. Absolute rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Leave it to the Stoke lads for the corners from now on :D mighty comeback from Ireland to lead at ht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Long was immense in the first half.

McCarthy makes such a difference in there. The team isn't afraid (most of the time) to play ball now. The long ball is a great option to have. Glad that most of our best play hasn't been a direct result of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Best performance at home in a long time,its a bit like the old days,having a go at teams,fully deserved to be up.more of the same please in the second half,time to push on now,there is more goals in this for us.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Still feeling the same?

That I didn't know where two goals were gonna come from? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Good man Walters, great corner from Whelan, his passing has been quite good so far. As much as McClean has been busting it all half, his corners have been cat.

Long surely is MOTM so far, deserves to get a goal for himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

robbie who:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

If Trap shuts the doors now ill f..kin go nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great first half after a rough start, everybody doing their bit.

roryc wrote: »
    Walters needs to be subbed off. Absolute rubbish

He has been rubbish out on the right wing though, but don't let a goal mask that. He'd do a better job than Sammon up front and then we could actually have someone right wing to aid Coleman when going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

mav79 wrote: »
    Long is playing as good as i've ever seen him play. He must be a nightmare to defend against.

Anybody who knows what Long is all about shouldn't be surprised. He is an absolute nightmare to mark. He's won 4 penalties for West Brom this season just for blindsiding the defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Think Long's criticism was harsh after the last game. I think he'll prove the critics wrong provided he starts. From the little I've seen of him for West Brom this season he has been promising.

Not to say I told yiz so :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

hopefully we can take the 3 points

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It would be crazy to let up in the second half, they're there for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭Hitchens

that backheel was sublime, deserved to be a goal ...ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

5 seconds and Brady gets the Trap ass-kissing in.. :rolleyes:

Great performance so far from the lads but f&ck all to do with the manager IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Great display by Ireland so far. Recovered very well from the first goal and deservedly in front. If we keep up the pressing and forcing mistakes from the Austrians we will win this comfortably.

Long has been immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I would love to see Long score he deserves it for his performance so far tonight .

Cant wait to hear what Dunphy thinks of this performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

TRAP OUT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

When was the last time an irish player got a hat trick? If ever..

Great stuff lads :D

• Advertisement

Its a long time since i was buzzing after watching an Ireland team. I was unfortunate enough to have been working that fateful night we played France.
    After seeing Austria get such a soft goal i said to myself 'here we go again' but fair play to the lads. They have been brilliant to a man. Conor Sammon has been excellent so far imo and where do i begin to compliment Long and Walters?

:D Brilliant! COYBIG.

PS, im not convinced Traps tactics have anything to do with that performance. No way would the biggest bore of a manager in the world advocate such dynamic, high tempo attacking football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

It was a pretty frenetic first half. Glad we're leading going into halftime. Really feel for Clark, but what the hell was he thinking!!! :D

Hope we keep the intensity up for the first 15 minutes or so of the second and try to get a third goal. But hopefully we'll be a bit more composed in possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Is this streamed anywhere besides rte. their player isn't working for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    5 seconds and Brady gets the Trap ass-kissing in.. :rolleyes:

Great performance so far from the lads but f&ck all to do with the manager IMO

I'm not picking on you or saying you're right/wrong, but if we were losing it'd be all the managers fault. You can't win sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Johnny you hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great performances never have anything to do with the manager, do they? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

aindriu80 wrote: »
    hopefully we can take the 3 points

That seems to be the general consesus for every game.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Walters is offering **** all to Coleman. He's not giving us anything out there so far, just like Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

We could score another couple tonight, Austria aren't great!

• Advertisement

Cant wait to hear what Dunphy thinks of this performance

Austria are rubbish Bill, a poor team with no stars in a poor league, with a poor manager blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

This is an irish style of football, mixture of long ball but also good attacking direct moves with guile. we are not barca but we aint juventus in the 1980s either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is this streamed anywhere besides rte. their player isn't working for me
    Aertv.

Great performances never have anything to do with the manager, do they? :rolleyes:

Not in Traps case. No way would he ever advocate that type of football in a million years come on now admit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm not picking on you or saying you're right/wrong, but if we were losing it'd be all the managers fault. You can't win sometimes.

As someone else said above, I just find it very hard to believe that after all we've seen, Trap has suddenly "seen the light" at this stage.

Just hope they can keep up the pace in the 2nd half now

klose wrote: »
    When was the last time an irish player got a hat trick? If ever..

Great stuff lads :D

Robbie Keane was the last player to get a hat trick,it was the last game at the old Lansdowne iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Im at the game, decent atmosphere, can someone tell me what dunphy and Giles are saying? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I seen a few attacking balls on the deck in the first half there and it impressed me. We put the pressure on and using the full dimensions of the pitch. In some respects the team looks very strong and very lively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

My Stream Died Just as he scored :(

Not to worry the goal still stands :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Im at the game, decent atmosphere, can someone tell me what dunphy and Giles are saying? :D

Very quiet so far.dunphy reckons we should bring on wes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement