Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Vs Austria - K/O 7:45PM - Sky Sports 2 & RTÉ 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Trap doesnt have a clue what he wants to say, I will gladly pay a sack trap tax. Sack him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Interviewer laying into Trap here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Trappatoni is absolutley sickened.

Give the guy a rest.

Lots of thick c*nts on here, sick of looking at stupid posters who havent a clue and just love to complain and knock Trap and the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Have to lol at everyone blaming trap. Major lol.

15 seconds from a deserves win.

Cop on lads FFS.
    Can't have this. Trap is the reason Austria got back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Christ have RTE gotten their own version of Jeff Shreeves? Very harsh interview to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

A very Aston Villa finish. I've had enough of them this year already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Trap started the interview in German...

He was shown talking to Austrian coach just beforehand so easy enough mistake to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why only 2 subs used Trap when the team were out on their feet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

McClean who put in a vast amount of pinpoint crosses tonight? That McClean??
    McClean was definitely massively overrated last year. Can you really question that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Eng are succumbing to a late'ish equaliser in Montenegro ..and
    Wales were 1 up but lost 2-1 to goals in the 77 and 87 minute,
    and Northern Ireland lost 2-0 to two late goals also ...

Is it the quality of the players fitness, concentration levels, professionalism, technique , tactical awareness and add a dodgy manager ot the mix ...

I think Sammon should never have been on for the full 90 minutes and Trap should have wasted some seconds by making a substitution.

Glad i didnt waste my evening watching too much of this ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Trap looks shellshocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lots of thick c*nts on here, sick of looking at stupid posters who havent a clue
    Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Easy on the old caps. 15 seconds more and it's "a ok".

Yeah I'm sure you would have been gutted with a 2-1 win.

But you see, it was blatantly obvious that it was coming, or at least it was a massive threat, and all because Traps negative tactics invited Austria back into the game.

For years, we've been banging on about this negative approach and how it sees us scrape through games that should be more comfortable, and up until now the likes of Dunne and Given have kept us out of the fire.

The only difference is tonight Traps luck didn't hold up.

That interviewer was terrible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Brady does my head in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I get Long coming off in a way cause he looked a second away from getting sent off.

I get Houlahan not coming on cause he's an attacking player.

I think most people here are full of sh1t and don't have a clue about many of the things they propose.

However, Trap's the manager and the last 30 minutes of that game were not well managed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Agree with others. Sick of that interviewer's attitude asking him if he is going to resign - over a draw.

Absolute disgrace. Sky style bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

murpho999 wrote: »

He was shown talking to Austrian coach just beforehand so easy enough mistake to make.

Ah fair enough. Didn't know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

McClean who put in a vast amount of pinpoint crosses tonight? That McClean??

Brady is talking sense here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

rarnes1 wrote: »
    That interviewer was terrible

Why do you say that Liam ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Tony O'Donaghue really asked some tough questions there. I'm not sure they were all completely justified.

I also think the resignation question was one too far. Rest of questions were fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Liam Brady talking some fcuking sense.

Give the guy a rest.

Lots of thick c*nts on here, sick of looking at stupid posters who havent a clue and just love to complain and knock Trap and the team

Who's knocking the team? The majority of us have more belief in the team than Trap does? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Well unless we beat Sweden & Germany (highly unlikely) thats the WC dream over.

I'd love to see United concede a goal and a journo ask Fergie after the match why he didn't stick on a specific player to calm things down. As if.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Come on dunphy let's have a rant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Brady's really pushing the agenda here
    CSF wrote: »
    McClean was definitely massively overrated last year. Can you really question that?

I'm sick of this whole 'overrated' thing you hear about Bale, McClean, and a few others. McClean was brilliant last year, he's gone off the boil this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Liam Brady is making a tool of himself here.

Lapin wrote: »
    Why do you say that Liam ?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

gosplan wrote: »
    It's bloody Hoolahan!

Not Houlahan, not Houlihan, not Hoolihan and not the 20 other basterdized forms of his name that I've seen used on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

We needed Hoolahan with 30 minutes to go. Instead we got Green and St-Ledger. Terrible management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Hitchens wrote: »
    Trap is gutted in fairness

His own fault in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

The Trap knockers think another manager will turn these players into world beaters. I thought the team played really well tonight, unlucky to concede so late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Sorry lads, trap out at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Give the guy a rest.

I agree give Trap a rest
    sack his stupid negative stubborn ass and let him get all the rest he wants...

Give the guy a rest.

Nonsense. We had Austria pinned back in their half first half but of course our wonderful overpaid manager decided we were attacking far too much and went back to Type A. The only one who clearly wasnt watching the match was you and how dare you refer to anyone as that because they dont share your opinion !! :mad:

Wash off the Warrior paint and cool off for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I think it's a bit rich for bill to defend the interviewer by saying he's only doing his job and in his next breath lay into trap.

tdv123 wrote: »

Still thiink we can beat Sweden at home and Austria away (draw there could even be enough). Lots of footall still to be played yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

tdv123 wrote: »

We're not gonna beat Germany nor is anyone else...
    Nothing to suggest that we can't beat Sweden after the performance on Saturday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

[-0-] wrote: »
    We needed Hoolahan with 30 minutes to go. Instead we got Green and St-Ledger. Terrible management.

Clark for Hoolahan yeah?

Ardent wrote: »
    The Trap knockers think another manager will turn these players into world beaters.

For the millionth time, no we don't, nobody does.

Is this retarded myth ever going to be put to bed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'd love to see United concede a goal and a journo ask Fergie after the match why he didn't stick on a specific player to calm things down. As if.

Just make sure there's no tea urns or boots around...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Ardent wrote: »
    The Trap knockers think another manager will turn these players into world beaters. I thought the team played really well tonight, unlucky to concede so late.

are they big ones?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What was brady saying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

gosplan wrote: »

He should have replaced Sammon he looked knackered and wasn't up for 90 mins . Houlahan could have replaced him . I think trap made a massive cock up tonight with his subs he should have made changes earlier so we could have got a foothold back in the game .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

asking the manager should he resign or fear for his job when we are level 2nd in the group is an absolute fcuking disgrace, it'd be like asking Michael Laudrup does he want to resign for Swansea slipping into mid-table.

Absolute insult to the man, we've played our 2 main rivals for 2nd spot and not lost to either, it's very realistic to still qualify it'll go right to the last game.

Unreal sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Interviewer laying into Trap here .

Yup. He usually grows a set balls when Trap is around.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

When asked if he was going to resign he said "We're Ireland... not Germany or England" ... Great attitude for our manager to have. Sweden were there for the taking and we could have closed off that win tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

But Ireland are nowhere near the level of United, so once they are winning, especially with so little time to go, they SHOULD be calming things down and retaining possession. It was painful to watch how easily the ball was being given away with big boots up the field in the final ten minutes...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement