Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary agency work act 2012

Options
  • 24-03-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a problem and was wondering if you could be helpful.

I was hired by an agency on an 11 month contractor to work in a company. This means I am working in one company but being paid by another one. I am getting paid 12 p/h however I recently found out that another person who is hired by a different agency that is doing the exact same job is getting paid 20 p/h. I also found out that the company I am in is paying the same amount to both agency companies.

Under the Temporary agency work act 2012 it has Equal pay for like work. I should be paid equally to what the current employees are being paid and what the other worker is being paid.

Do I have a claim? I also found out that the agency I work for are not a licensed agency.

How should I go about with this situation?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭greengold9999

As I understand it your right is to equal pay with someone who has been directly hired by the company not another temp agency worker - can you move to the other agency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

As I understand it your right is to equal pay with someone who has been directly hired by the company not another temp agency worker - can you move to the other agency?

It's not even that; it's that they have to pay you the same amount that they would be paying you if they hired you directly. Vastly different to being benchmarked against a permanent employee, unfortunately, and more or less a get-out-of-jail-free card for companies using agency staff.

Advertisement