Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

College and Stamps

• 24-03-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'v been to see a REGSA Adult Guidance Councillor and was advised I can claim SW and BTEA after 9 months

What I would like to know is if I work Part-Time is it possible to claim stamps also while going to college full-time?

I can't find anything through google about this :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

I'v been to see a REGSA Adult Guidance Councillor and was advised I can claim SW and BTEA after 9 months

What I would like to know is if I work Part-Time is it possible to claim stamps also while going to college full-time?

I can't find anything through google about this :confused:

If you mean you want to claim jobseekers benefit while attending college full-time....the answer is no as it is a jobseekers payment. You have to be available and looking for full time work. As you will be in college full time you will not meet the availability or looking for full time work criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Whambulance

I understand that but isn't working part-time and claiming stamps different to jobseekers?

That was the question I was aiming to have answered, can I work Part-time, claim stamps and attend college Full-time, you'll have to forgive me, this is all new to me as i'v worked since 16 but is claiming stamps while part-time not different to jobseekers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Claiming your stamps is claiming jobseekers. Are you currently working full time and giving up full time work to do the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Whambulance

Hi Sue, I was in full time employment and was laid off. As a result i applied for JSA/JSB but then after meeting with REGSA Guidance Councillor I was advised after 9 months I can get JS and BTEA if I applied. I might have a job offer in the next few days so i'm unsure, if i take the job as part time and do x's and o's i wont be able to go to college, thats what i'm gathering from most snippets of information i managed to find, feel at a loss as everything seems to be geared towards making it very difficult for anyone to get an education

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

I understand that but isn't working part-time and claiming stamps different to jobseekers?

That was the question I was aiming to have answered, can I work Part-time, claim stamps and attend college Full-time, you'll have to forgive me, this is all new to me as i'v worked since 16 but is claiming stamps while part-time not different to jobseekers?

You cant be in full time education and claim jobseekers unless you were on jobseekers applied for btea and were awarded btea. Claiming jsb while part-time is jobseekers...you are still supposed to be available and looking for full time work and you cant if you are in full time education.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

If you have been on claim for 234 days by the time you start college you can go on BTEA even if you are claiming part time. How long are you on claim now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You can claim btea and work part time at the same time if that is what you are asking.

The INOU information service gives fantastic advice and they can probably explain things properly to you

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement