Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How strict are Dolans?

Options
  • 24-03-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I want to get into the And So I Watch You From Afar and Fox Jaw Bounty Hunters gig there on Thursday and I think I have to be over 18. I only turned 17 a few days ago and I don't have a fake ID or anything. Does anyone know if they're very strict or not?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

vZodiac wrote: »
    I want to get into the And So I Watch You From Afar and Fox Jaw Bounty Hunters gig there on Thursday and I think I have to be over 18. Does anyone know if they're very strict or not?

Unless you look well over 18, you probably will be checked. Two of my friends were asked for ID ahead of the Ham Sandwich gig last year, despite being 23 and 24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

if you look anywhere near 18 you will be fine.as long as your not to drunk and maybe just go straight in and dont drink until your in there,just in case.
    they are not that strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

crazygeryy wrote: »
    if you look anywhere near 18 you will be fine.as long as your not to drunk and maybe just go straight in and dont drink until your in there,just in case.
    they are not that strict.
    Sorry to put on my sensible hat - but the op never said he wanted to go drinking, just to watch the bands, I don't think they should be encouraged to drink. Sorry for being pedantic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

The_Dave wrote: »
    Sorry to put on my sensible hat - but the op never said he wanted to go drinking, just to watch the bands, I don't think they should be encouraged to drink. Sorry for being pedantic

nope your dead right but when i saw the words fake id i assumed there would be drink involved.
    but my main point is i dont think they are that strict which is what the ops question was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vZodiac

The_Dave wrote: »

You're right, I don't plan on drinking, I just want to see the bands. I don't think it makes a difference though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I would recommend asking in the Legal forum about being on a licensed premises when under-age, my experience is if you are not with a parent/guardian you won't be allowed, but I'm not an expert
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/criminal_law/criminal_offences/alcohol_and_the_law.html

Personally, I would ring Dolan's and explain that you are a bit fan of the band, that you are only 17 but you won't drink while you're in there and if it would be ok for you to attend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement