Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethiopian Restaurant?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

LoMismo wrote: »
    London is amazing for Turkish food. Really cheap and amazing big barbecue platters, best meat ever. Green Lanes and Dalston are full of these places.

Yeah I love Green Lanes. Palmers Green & Winchmore Hill also, there is a lot of Turkish (and Greek) immigrants & restaurants in that area. I love going for the full mezze, you get an amazing variety of dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I've never been to Ethiopia, but after reading Cutting For Stone I'm obsessing about the food. So, if one opens can you let us know on this thread?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bob_Marley wrote: »
    There's a good few Ethiopian Restaurants in the South side, where you pay twice as much for half as little.

cool, name a few?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭LoMismo

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah I love Green Lanes. Palmers Green & Winchmore Hill also, there is a lot of Turkish (and Greek) immigrants & restaurants in that area. I love going for the full mezze, you get an amazing variety of dishes.

I know like what's up with Dublin though? Funny how not even one such restaurant has opened here. The platters you get...

gokyuzu-restaurant.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

There's a good few Ethiopian Restaurants in the South side, where you pay twice as much for half as little.

Whereabouts?

• Advertisement

Guys can we keep the discussion to Ethiopian restaurants please?

Turkish thread thataway
    >

mrcheez wrote: »
    Guys can we keep the discussion to Ethiopian restaurants please?

Turkish thread thataway
    >

Are you a moderator?

There are no Ethiopian restaurants in Ireland. End of discussion.

So we may as well talk about Turkish food!

LoMismo wrote: »
    Are you a moderator?

There are no Ethiopian restaurants in Ireland. End of discussion.

So we may as well talk about Turkish food!

Nope, but I'll give a shout out to a mod if you like.

This thread should be left to the topic being discussed so that if (eventually) an Ethiopian restaurant DOES arrive in Ireland those that subscribe to this thread will be alerted to it.

Nope, but I'll give a shout out to a mod if you like.

This thread should be left to the topic being discussed so that if (eventually) an Ethiopian restaurant DOES arrive in Ireland those that subscribe to this thread will be alerted to it.

Yeah ok give a shout out to a mod then, weirdo :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No personal abuse please

• Advertisement

Still waiting to hear where the Ethiopian restaurants are on the south side... I'd be on the first "Dort" down once I know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Still waiting to hear where the Ethiopian restaurants are on the south side... I'd be on the first "Dort" down once I know :D

He's googling frantically to try and find them but they don't exist, which is why he hasn't come back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Perhaps they meant Sarf London.

Nah probably meant south Dar Es Salaam which would be just as helpful as London :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,805 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nah probably meant south Dar Es Salaam which would be just as helpful as London :(

There's definitely no Tanzanian restaurants in Dublin anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

He's googling frantically to try and find them but they don't exist, which is why he hasn't come back.

Oh really ? I'm not googling anything, and it's gone right over your head.

Oh really ? I'm not googling anything, and it's gone right over your head.

Hey Bob, It's done right over my head too, sorry, but if you could just confirm you were talking about another cities Southside expensive Ethiopian restaurants rather than Dublin's ones on the Dublin City forum and we can all relax and not be worried we're not missing out it would be great!

Thanks in advance.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Hey Bob, It's done right over my head too, sorry, but if you could just confirm you were talking about another cities Southside expensive Ethiopian restaurants rather than Dublin's ones on the Dublin City forum and we can all relax and not be worried we're not missing out it would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Hmm. I remember you. No chance.

Nom Nom Nom.

Hmm. I remember you. No chance.

I'm not actually John Rambo. They were just movies.

methinks the rasta is seeing things

• Advertisement

methinks the rasta is seeing things

Racism and allegations ? not wise for ones seeking Ethiopian nom noms.

Hopefully the mods can keep the thread alive so that anyone following it can be alerted to future Etheopian culinary openings in Dublin city.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I was in an Ethiopian restaurant in a San Francisco with friends back in the 1990s. The food was simple but lovely.

I don’t see one opening in Dublin any time soon. The vogue is for a Cali/Mex burrito eateries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I was in an Ethiopian restaurant in a San Francisco with friends back in the 1990s. The food was simple but lovely.

Axum?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Joining the list of those awaiting any news of an Ethiopian/Eritrean restaurant in Dublin. Visited one in Manchester Friday, blown away by the food. Delicious.

Seriously considering a couple of under a tenner style Ryanair flights to Birmingham (in and out the same day) to visit another place.

Meanwhile...I see reports of an Ethiopian stall at markets in the Cork area. I wonder are they still going? We could have a group pilgrimage to (shudder) outside the Pale.

spurious wrote: »
    Seriously considering a couple of under a tenner style Ryanair flights to Birmingham (in and out the same day) to visit another place.

The meal would probably end up the same price as just going to one in Dublin taking into account flights/taxis etc.

I wager if we do get one here it will be outrageously expensive (€18-19 per dish and €5 injera etc)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

A dined at an Ethiopian restaurant in San Francisco with some good friends on my J1 back in the 90s. Relatively simple dishes with very little or no meat but very very tasty.

It would make a welcome addition to Dublin’s culinary offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

There's an Eritrean place in Athlone called Red Sea Bistro.

Very small casual place.

Eritrean and Etheopian food as people know them are both really just Habesha food, and are practically identical.

All the usual stuff on offer. Injera (spelled engera), zigni, tibsi, firfir, kifto, foul, etc.

There's an Eritrean place in Athlone called Red Sea Bistro.

Very small casual place.

Eritrean and Etheopian food as people know them are both really just Habesha food, and are practically identical.

All the usual stuff on offer. Injera (spelled engera), zigni, tibsi, firfir, kifto, foul, etc.

Coffee ceremony with incense etc? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

spurious wrote: »
    Joining the list of those awaiting any news of an Ethiopian/Eritrean restaurant in Dublin. Visited one in Manchester Friday, blown away by the food. Delicious.

Meanwhile...I see reports of an Ethiopian stall at markets in the Cork area. I wonder are they still going? We could have a group pilgrimage to (shudder) outside the Pale.

What was the one in Manchester called?

Advertisement