Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knockma Hill, Belclare, Tuam

• 24-03-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

hello all... I know nothing about archaeology, but am an artist student/sculptor, who is interested in Knockma hill, not only for its historical significance, but for its mythological histories also. I have looked into theKirwans and Ronan Lynchs amazing book, but was hoping perhaps if any of you who are interested in this site might have information, links whereby I might access maps and a lay mans outline of the work carried out on Knockma up to now. I have two days, child free next week where I am spending in Tuam library going through the archives and info there, so any pointers about what I should look for in the way of maps and information that might be available etc, would be most appreciated. Archaeology and heritage studies etc is a subject I never thought I would be lured into, but it would seem a project I am working on is giving me that investigative head that it seems most of ye have... regards, Dharma200

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭DeepSleeper

A good place to start would be:

Archaeological Inventory of County Galway - Vol. II: North Galway by Olive Alcock, Kathy de hÓra, Paul Gosling. The Stationery Office, Dublin (1999).

This should list (and briefly describe) all the known archaeological sites in the area and give references to earlier publications which dealt with them in detail.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Have a look at the archaeology links sticky too.

Advertisement