Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a cheap spanish SIM and advice on Vodafone call forwarding to Spanish SIM

Options
  • 24-03-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

I am going to Tenerife in a few weeks for holiday and the last time I went there it cost me over €200.00 in roaming charges. I currently have a sim free phone and am on Vodafone "My Way Complete" with 500 international minutes. I am going to need to receive calls and internet access while I am holidays and I guess the kids are going to bring laptops also

My thinking is to get a Spanish Sim PAYG card and forward all calls from my Vodafone mobile to this, and then use the phone as Wireless Access Point.
    • Would I be correct in thinking that the call forwarding to international mobile is possible and that it will be included in my minutes ?
    • Any suggestions for a Spanish provider with cheap international calls and data ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

You cannot call forward to any international number with Vodafone. If you are on My Way Complete you can roam with your data limit of 2GBs without charge- after this 2GB's has been used up you will revert to the roaming charge of €2 plus 99c for the daily connection upto 50MB's.

The cheapest way of receiving your calls would be by leaving your phone at home with call divert set up and use a Meteor sim card out there as you dont have any roaming charges to receive calls etc and maybe buy a prepay dongle out there for internet access?

Advertisement