Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

• 24-03-2013 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi I just wanted to ask what everyone thinks about girls who have quite a fake appearance as in fake boobs, very long hair extensions, fake nails, quite darkly tanned and wear alot of makeup I'm just curious to see what people's opinions are?do you think this look is acceptable for a woman in her late 20s? Are men attracted to this look I guess I'm
    Asking would u snog Marry or avoid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I need pics to come to a decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

From your description all Im coming up with is a traveller. Or Katie Price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What do you mean by "acceptable"

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Astalia x wrote: »
    Hi I just wanted to ask what everyone thinks about girls who have quite a fake appearance as in fake boobs, very long hair extensions, fake nails, quite darkly tanned and wear alot of makeup I'm just curious to see what people's opinions are?do you think this look is acceptable for a woman in her late 20s? Are men attracted to this look I guess I'm

Can I have the option of "Kill it, kill it with fire!!"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Astalia x

I'm just wondering is that look attractive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

As with anything image related, it depends entirely on the person. Entirely. What looks sexy for one person can be hideous for another.

I don't believe in "acceptable in her late 20s" crap though. Your age shouldn't define how you dress or look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

It will be to some, it won't be to others.

Why do you ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The spokesman for the International Council for Men will be along shortly to let you know. The ICM represents the collective thoughts of men everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

If your 20, with a killer figure you might be able to pull it off. If not, avoid.

You might want to think about the type of person that look attracts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You jelly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Your age shouldn't define how you dress or look.

It should though. My 94 year old grandmother looks ridiculous dressed like a member of an early 80's funk band.

This is how I look n I thought I looked great but after a little playful dig from my bf earlier I'm thinking perhaps I shd change my image I think I may b a bit OTT sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I knew a girl who could pull it off.

However it turned her from "naturally attractive" to "page 3 attractive" which is not what most guys are looking for (at least not what they're looking for in a relationship, but maybe what they're looking for in Coppers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

This is how I look n I thought I looked great but after a little playful dig from my bf earlier I'm thinking perhaps I shd change my image I think I may b a bit OTT sometimes

Nah don't ditch the look. Ditch him.

Nah don't ditch the look. Ditch him.
    Never he's amazing it was only a joke but it got me thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Is this him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Sergeant wrote: »
    It should though. My 94 year old grandmother looks ridiculous dressed like a member of an early 80's funk band.

I put it to you that anyone of any age looks ridiculous dressed like a member of an early 80s funk band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

If he's not serious, why take it seriously? Asking random people on the internet if they like it won't make you feel any better. Some guys will hate it, some will love it - it's down to taste. Because so many women dress this way, there's obviously a demand for it. Your bf is obviously with you cos he fancies you as you are.

Were you like that when you met him?

(also, I should advise you read the After Hours charter, you might not get the answers you want here :))

Thanks for all the replies guys x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

If your 20, with a killer figure you might be able to pull it off. If not, avoid.
    Yes, if you're 25 with a killer figure, you should wear a tweed suit.

Ah, bless young 'uns. :)

OP, what people find attractive is entirely down to the person, so we can't say whether or not it's attractive. If you like how it looks on you, go with it. I will say though, just for yourself, you might wanna avoid it going in the really OTT clown direction. Late 20s is grand. It starts to look a bit much on women in their late 30s perhaps (although it depends on the woman too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Madam_X wrote: »
    Yes, if you're 25 with a killer figure, you should wear a tweed suit.

Ah, bless young 'uns. :)

OP, what people find attractive is entirely down to the person, so we can't say whether or not it's attractive. If you like how it looks on you, go with it. I will say though, just for yourself, you might wanna avoid it going in the really OTT clown direction.

You're up past your bedtime Madam :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

donvito99 wrote: »
    I need pics to come.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

ok mmmm ill ask the audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Too much make up is manky. The rest without too much makeup sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

You should see the shower after my housemate. Gunky tan and hair dye, along eye lash stuff on the sink.

If a lot of your appearance actually washes off, then please, rethink what you are doing. Just a little rule I have.

Swampy wrote: »
    Too much make up is manky. The rest without too much makeup sounds good.

"too much" of anything isn't good, but what is considered too much is entirely down to personal opinion and preference,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

I love the fake look and mostly fancy women my own age or thereabouts.

OP if you're happy with how you look then you're happy enough. If it's struck a chord maybe you feel it's time for a change anyway, but the most attractive look for you is always going to be the one you're most comfortable with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Fake bosoms are ok until they move. Then its like two bowling balls in socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Some girls are naturally beautiful and don't need to go to those lengths. Most women I've seen adapting that look are fairly ugly to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

If a woman if faked up to her eyeballs and not hurting anybody in the process then more power to her. Op, it sounds a bit like this is something that has been playing on your mind anyway and your OH's comments just pushed you over the edge. You have to look in the mirror everyday and be happy with what you see, dont change for anyone but yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

So you've fake boobies and you look fake?

Me thinks all is not how it seems with this account...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

spankysue wrote: »
    Can I have the option of "Kill it, kill it with fire!!"?

With enough time under tanning beds they can prove resistant to fire, I say we take off and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Pics or GTFO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sounds gank IMO.

I don't mind fake tits if you were originally flat once they're not obscene. Make up is supposed to enhance your beauty not cover your face / body. Fake nails are ok once they're not tallons. Fake tan is rarely applied properly and you end up looking like an Oompa Lumpa (sp?). If you want longer hair why not grow it?

TBH the combination of what you've described above would only appeal to a Tallaghtfornia contestant. Try tone it down a little. ;)

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Sounds gank IMO.

I don't mind fake tits if you were originally flat once they're not obscene. Make up is supposed to enhance your beauty not cover your face / body. Fake nails are ok once they're not tallons. Fake tan is rarely applied properly and you end up looking like an Oompa Lumpa (sp?). If you want longer hair why not grow it?

TBH the combination of what you've described above would only appeal to a Tallaghtfornia contestant. Try tone it down a little. ;)
    Ok 😠thanks for the advice Im a bit depressed now lol!

Don't let that depress you :)

If you want to tone it down just ease off a bit on the tan and the makeup and see how you get on. You might feel a lot better and you'll certainly have more time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Even though there's lots of positive comments, you're now feeling a bit depressed because of one negative one? It's pointless feeling down because of people thinking your look isn't attractive. And they can't help having that opinion.
    The less you get bothered by that, the more attractive you'll feel.

My look is bound to be unattractive to many - I don't give a ****. I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I don't care about flawless skin, a tan, straight hair, etc., these things don't even factor in. And sometimes I feel like an alien from another planet when I see people so desperate to fix what ain't broken. Aspiring to some weird exaggerated caricature of a woman.
    I like the subtle balance of a normal human-looking face. The overboard stuff makes me feel like I'm seeing someone wearing a mask.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 aherringterm

Snog your butt.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Even though there's lots of positive comments, you're now feeling a bit depressed because of one negative one? It's pointless feeling down because of people thinking your look isn't attractive. And they can't help having that opinion.
    The less you get bothered by that, the more attractive you'll feel.

My look is bound to be unattractive to many - I don't give a ****. I like it.
    Awe thanks hunny x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Have a read of this Astalia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I don't like it myself tbh and I always find this kind of look on girls is very aging even though they might think it's the opposite.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Have a read of this Astalia.
    Deffo some food for thought thanks

This discussion has opened my eyes up I think a make under is on the cards, I want to look elegant and classy so perhaps the hair exts shd go and the false lashes and tan, the comment about travellers really struck a cord as I usually get traveller girls asking me where I got some of the clothes I wear or what tan I'm wearing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Seeing a lot of girls with heavy fake tan these days, when you look at their hands it looks like they've been fingering their arses.

Advertisement