Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7 for all mankind jeans

• 24-03-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Does anyone know if these really are good jeans?
    I am looking for 'the perfect jeans' for years now. So far I love oasis amber and scarlett for fit. Also have a nice bootcut pair from Dunnes.

Basically what is so fantastic about 7 for all mankind jeans? These were recommended to me, but they seem very expensive.

Anyone know if they are nice on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I have a pair of the bootcut ones - the denim is much softer than the Oasis Scarlet (which I also own) so a different look imo. They are very comfortable.

I have a pair in size 26 (size 6/8?) that I'm going to list on adverts soon if any good to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I have about ten pairs of 7 jeans from flares, bootcuts, skinnies etc and I ADORE them!!! The quality is phenomenal, they give a great ass and they are super comfy!!!! I'd definately recommend them anyway!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Thanks girls,
    just bought a 2nd hand pair in size 10, i am a big 10 so I hope they will fit. Dotcomdolly what height are u I am only 5ft 3, you look fab in the pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

noah45 wrote: »
    Thanks girls,
    just bought a 2nd hand pair in size 10, i am a big 10 so I hope they will fit. Dotcomdolly what height are u I am only 5ft 3, you look fab in the pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

You may have to get them taken up but just get a good tailor who can take them up with the original hem. Sevens always look fine and in proportion when taken up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

God, I'd love a pair but they're SO expensive! £200 on the website for a pair :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Jeans are one of the few items of clothing that I had to accept (after years of denial) that you really get what you pay for.

High street jeans are just rotten on me. Always seemed to be bet onto my thighs and gaping at the back of the waist.

As someone who hates shopping at hates spending money on clothes, I balked at the thought of spending big bucks on jeans, but my sister literally dragged me kicking and screaming into the denim bar in Brown Thomas about ten years ago after finally getting sick of listening to me moan about bad jeans. I spent IRE£120 on a pair of Fornarina jeans and never looked back. Honestly, OP, once you find the pair you'll wonder why you wasted so much money on cheap jeans over the years. Yes, the initial outlay is a lot (€200 is my max now, but I only buy jeans every four or five years) but you'll get so much wear out of them that the cost-to-wear ratio is actually excellent.

I've no idea if you've any trips to New York planned, but if you do, go to Bloomingdales and buy as many pairs as you can afford there, it's significantly cheaper than buying them here. Try on as many different brands and styles as you can stomach (I HATE trying on clothes), and then buy a few different pairs in different washes/cuts if you can. If your budget will only stretch to one pair, then I'd recommend a dark indigo wash, boot-cut, mid-rise. Buy them literally bet onto you, as they will loosen out over time.

Personally, I like Citizens of Humanity, Fornarina and Rock & Republic. The pockets on Sevens generally sit a bit too low on my bum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

I bought a pair of citizens of humanity Jeans a few years ago. Wore through the ass in less than a year and I wasn't wearing them that much. Felt like a total fool and swore Id never spend so much again. Price is not a guarantee of quality. I am wearing a pair of COS skinnies right now. Great quality and fit and I think they cost 70 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

fits wrote: »
    I bought a pair of citizens of humanity Jeans a few years ago. Wore through the ass in less than a year and I wasn't wearing them that much. Felt like a total fool and swore Id never spend so much again. Price is not a guarantee of quality. I am wearing a pair of COS skinnies right now. Great quality and fit and I think they cost 70 euro.

That's so odd, I have a pair of Citizens I bought in 2004 and they're still perfect - no fading, no wearing thin anywhere - and I wear them a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

I brought it back to the shop and complained. They sent the jeans off to factory for evaluation to see if there was a fault in the material. came back and said no fault, it was just the type of denim used and it was my own tough s**t. 245 euro I paid. I still feel like such an idiot. NEVER AGAIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

There is a 7s store in Kildare village.

I got a pair for 100 there last year. Very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I love Sevens. I have about four pairs, I think. They're very flattering on the legs and ass, and so soft. My jeans wardrobe varies between J Brands, CoH, Rock and Republic, and Sevens, all of which I'd consider an investment buy. I have bought good jeans on the high street but they're never quite as flattering, imo.
    fits wrote: »
    I bought a pair of citizens of humanity Jeans a few years ago. Wore through the ass in less than a year and I wasn't wearing them that much.
    This happened my friend with a pair of J Brand Houlihans! And they were mega popular :eek:
    Faith wrote: »
    God, I'd love a pair but they're SO expensive! £200 on the website for a pair :(
    I've bought nearly all of mine on sale, for much less than that. I'm really good at sale spotting if you want me to keep an eye out for you :)

Advertisement