Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New kitten!

• 24-03-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

I'm just so happy I decided to start a thread on this, if its okay with the mods!!

So my little boy will be 6 weeks on Wednesday. He came into my life when he was 3 days old, handed into the vets with his 3 siblings in a paper bag to be put to sleep. The vets just said right well these guys are going to be put down, any volunteers to hand raise? And I jumped at the chance! So I kept them for 3 days but unfortunately I had to move away from home for a new placement so they couldn't come with me, so they went off to a foster. I initially said no way would I want to keep any, but when I next went to visit they has open eyes and had started to purr. I fed my little guy and instead of crying to get back to his siblings he started purring and fell asleep in my hand. Then I just knew I couldn't part with him!
    So then the convincing of the parents started, which started out as a firm and definite NO! from my mother. I didn't want to risk asking my dad because my mom said she asked him if I had tried him yet and he said that he would have no problem getting rid of the kitten! But I just kept bringing it up in casual conversation with my mom on how things will be when he gets here and all that, to the point where I was really starting to annoy her :D When we went to visit the babies on Friday, I could just tell that she would give in, once she saw them as fun cute kittens and now screaming furry fragile blobs! So I just said to her 'look he likes you, we'll have to keep him' (he was playing with her shoe laces) to which she said your father will never agree. Which meant that she had given in as it was no longer a no :D
    And how wrong she was about my father! Just today I was in the car with him for 2 hours as he was dropping my to my placement for the week, and I just said 'if I ask you something will you hear be out before you say no', and went on a big speech of all the preparations and everything I had been thinking about for if we got him, and how he would cost no extra as we had all the stuff from our own two cats and all that. I was expecting him to just say a straight out no, but he said 'we'll see' which is a yes in my mind! So we just sat in silence for a few minutes, then he said that the kitten can be my birthday present!!! :D (what a present for a 21st!!)

So that is the story of the newest addition that will be coming to our house :) He should be here in 3 weeks time when I finish my placement. At the moment, he is named Dude, as he was the chunkiest and best feeder of all the kittens when we first got them. The name really suits him, but I think I would like to rename him something that matches with my current 2 cats names, Peach and Cream! Has anyone any suggestions?

I'll add photos to this thread of him as he grows up :)

dude3_zps8734cf24.jpg

dude1_zps419cf72e.jpg

Being beaten up by his sister!!

shellydude_zps9ebba5cf.jpg
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement