Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell is up with the Xbox Youtube app?

Options
  • 24-03-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

It constantly pasues videos and the loading symbol comes up :confused:
    It's so hard to watch anything. It's not my connection as I am on a fast upc broadband connection.

It's getting really annoying. This happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It constantly pasues videos and the loading symbol comes up :confused:
    It's so hard to watch anything. It's not my connection as I am on a fast upc broadband connection.

It's getting really annoying. This happen to anyone else?

Youtube has been bad all afternoon for me on my PC. I'm with UPC too. Same problems as above. It's either a youtube or UPC problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

YouTube on anything is slow. It's very video dependant too as I've noticed some videos can load instantly and some takes a while. Weather it's the browser, phone or xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Does it freeze anyone else's console entirely?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

GAAman wrote: »

No. All apps on Xbox are slow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Mine freezes a lot when using the youtube app and I have to restart the whole console. It's fine with everything else though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Mine freezes a lot when using the youtube app and I have to restart the whole console. It's fine with everything else though.

Same for me, thought it was my console at fault at first but it only happens with the youtube app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Youtube app seems to be the common denominator in freezing our ones then. All other apps work fine, I noticed when searching for a vid if you go quickly from the results page back to search and start typing it will lock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I use the youtube app on xbox quite a bit and never had this problem. I usually let it play random vids while I'm browsing on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

the youtube app on xbox is dirt, i use it quite a bit to watch stuff, works fine when something is playing, but will always hang my xbox at some point throughout the day, requiring a power-reset. Also not a fan of having to have a G+ profile setup so you can view you subscriptions and the live streaming is also hit-n-miss. Apart from that its a really great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah, I'm getting a locked up Xbox a lot of the time only with YouTube, no such issue with the PS3 one....

• Advertisement
Advertisement