Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get Hydrogen Peroxide anywhere?[semi-urgent]

Options
  • 24-03-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a 6% H202. It's for my hair, to make up a bleaching solution so I only need a small bit. Stronger stuff would be fine as I can dilute (yes I know what I'm doing).
    Just wondering will the local pharmacy (Portumna) stock it - is it common? It's only a small place and it isn't in the hair section that I've seen before, but then it can be used for many things. I've been looking online and it seems to be hard to get in some places - especially in the UK but I've found someone who got it in a chemist in Cork. It's just that I don't think they have home bleaching kits in my local! If it isn't available then I'll just order some proper hair stuff online, I'm just trying to get rid of some red from my hair and am getting impatient so wanna do it tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You're probably better off just ringing them to ask tomorrow morning. Seems to be the quickest way.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

I didn't think of that, haha! Mainly I don't know if it is a really common product & I was being slow - they might think I'm a bit errr dense! I have to go in to collect my prescription anyway, I'd just rather ask a silly question here than in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose that larger chemists like Boots in Galway has that stuff but local ones might not have it. If not there might be another chemist in Portumna that carries it, or one of the salons?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

I'll try the two chemists. I just didn't know if it's common because it is in the US as a disinfectant and various other things.

Advertisement