Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Povetkin schools him imo. If he stays away for big swinging right hands he will outclass Wilder.

I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to back out of this scrap somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭megadodge

Read on a website that the WBC have told Wilder that Povetkin is now a mandatory challenger and purses have to be agreed by Feb 26th. He has had 3 voluntary challenges against nobodies and they said enough is enough. Will be interesting to see how this goes as Wilder likes to talk himself up but although Povetkin would be his toughest opponent by a good distance, he is not a big money name.

Big enough to have a 23 million purse bid for his fight with Klitchko.

But I know what you mean, it's the sort of nonsense excuse Wilder could use to avoid him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Rigo v Jazza Dickens on the Flanagan - Matthews undercard.

Wtf.

Wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Johner wrote:

Strange one alright.

• Advertisement

Khan v canelo another wtf.khan only see it going one way and thats a big knockout for alvarez(patdon the pun earlier)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Joseph Parker vs Carlos Takem for the IBF title eliminator.

The division is getting interesting.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Keith Thurman pulled out of his fight with Shaun Porter. He was in a minor car crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Good to see Parker fighting a semi legit guy. I'm a massive fan of the guy so cannot wait for that.

Lads, Huck-Afolabi is on this weekend too. Definitely not one to be missed. Huck should do the business but he is off the back of a devastating loss whilst Afolabi had a great win in Russia a while back so this could be a great scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

In the undercard to Crawford v Lundy Felix Verdejo easily beat Willian Silva from Brazil in an uneventful one sided lightweight clash.

Verdejo is a potential Puerto Rico heir to Cotto and is slick and had too much class and nous for his undefeated opponent. One for the future if he can move up weight.

Theater at MSG a lot fuller than when Pajo fought there last year!

As an aside Harold Lederman will enter the Hall of Fame june:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Crawford in 5.

Lundy was game and as a fighter from Philly a street fighter but Crawford is on a different level. He switched in the first round and was jabbing and jabbing and waiting and then a brutal left followed by a barrage saw an inevitable end.

Both fighters came in weighing like junior middleweights.

Weigh ins should be on day of fight.

For Crawford its a shame that others avoid him. Pacquiao later this year perhaps.

Kellerman says Arum told him Provodnikov next. Hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

As much as I rate Crawford he has yet to face a global fighter. Not sure how he fares against a real quality 140-147 lber.

Some nice fights on this weekend lads, for any of ye wanting to kill some time before the McGregor fight.

Ortiz-Thompson should be a good one, I really like Ortiz, regardless of him being done for steroids. On the same card is Jessie Vargas and Sadam Ali which is a real 50/50 fight between two very decent welters. Tony Margarito is making his comeback fight too, for anyone who happens to give a f*ck about him....Browne-Chagaev is also a decent fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Some nice fights on this weekend lads, for any of ye wanting to kill some time before the McGregor fight.

Ortiz-Thompson should be a good one, I really like Ortiz, regardless of him being done for steroids. On the same card is Jessie Vargas and Sadam Ali which is a real 50/50 fight between two very decent welters. Tony Margarito is making his comeback fight too, for anyone who happens to give a f*ck about him....Browne-Chagaev is also a decent fight.

Is the ortiz card being shown anywhere?

Is the ortiz card being shown anywhere?

It's on HBO so you'll have to go digging online for a stream I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

walshb wrote: »
    As much as I rate Crawford he has yet to face a global fighter. Not sure how he fares against a real quality 140-147 lber.

Would love to see him face Postol. That's a top drawer fight.

Granted he was past his prime and probably a weight too high, Gamboa was a terrific test for Crawford or anyone and Crawford was fantastic in that fight. I do agree I want to see him tested more, but his win over Gamboa is a top win.

Billy Joe turned down a 7 figure sum to fight GGG and is now fighting Max Bursak. :rolleyes: Shocking first defence but to be expected.

Johner wrote: »

Wtf.

The Rigo - Jazza fight is under threat due to visa problems for Rigo.

The Rigo - Jazza fight is under threat due to visa problems for Rigo.

Pretty sure it's off. Rigondeaux is back in Miami. Caribe strike again :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

LOL...."world super-lightweight title" .....Wow Ricky burns must be the best! :rolleyes:

Jokeshop.

Holy god. Alphabet titles are truly shambolic. Rick Burns is a stinker! Only fun time Frankie trumps him.

The upcoming schedule makes for depressing reading.

Nothing too exciting until April 9th, with Martin-Joshua and Valdez-Gradovich. Pacquiao-Bradley III is also happening that night.

Spence fights Algieri on April 17th , which is a nice step-up fight for Spence. Golovkin is fighting Wade that night as well but I can't say I'm too interested.

Very little else of note for the next six weeks. Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Sat, Mar 26 2016

Ward-vs-Barrera

I am looking forward to this one.

Pretty one sided beat down due to Barerra here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pretty one sided beat down due to Barerra here.

It should be, but Barerra is a decent puncher. He certainly has more of a chance than Paul Smith- but that's not really saying much for his chances!

Crolla v barrosso should be decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Shannon Briggs has arrived in the UK and said he wants to fight all the big names, this lad is not right in the brain!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I'm looking forward to Eubank Jr vs Blackwell, reckon the upset might be on in that one.

Advertisement