Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Butson

Josh Taylor v Teo Lopez in the works, good fight.

This Conor Benn stuff is laughable. What a sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

VADA are just there to provide an adverse finding result to the relevant people.

UKAD, as the BBBoC's drug testing body have more teeth, they should be testing as well, when billy joe popped for the nasal spray with VADA he was stopped even though it wouldnt have been an adverse finding on UKADs tests. It was UKAD that retrospectively banned tyson when he popped for nandrolone.

It all seems a bit f***ed to me, all a fighter has to do is relinquish his licence (like both tyson and conor have done) I believe tyson is still fighting on a nevada boxing licence, even in the uk, which allows him to avoid them looking into the whole bollocks (of a) boar story.

Waiting to see what evidence was provided to wbc but the clean boxing programme was seen as a good model to follow for anitdoping but this appears to just trash it if conors defence is 'promise i didnt do it'

The WBC found that: (1) there was no conclusive evidence that Mr. Benn engaged in intentional or knowing ingestion of Clomiphene; (2) there were no failures in the procedures related to sample collection, sample analysis, or violations of Mr. Benn’s B Sample rights that would justify questioning or invalidating the Adverse Finding; and (3) Mr. Benn’s documented and highly-elevated consumption of eggs during the times relevant to the sample collection, raised a reasonable explanation for the Adverse Finding.

So if you are a money maker the wbc are suggesting the fact you have a drug in your system isnt proof, you need evidence that is was intentionally or knowingly put there. Follow him 24 7 so?

And just make up some bullshit story like eggs or bull balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Actually the WBC clearing him but he still cannot fight in the UK just makes things even more murkier I feel.

Its like the tainted meat excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,195 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hope Teo knocks him out. Very unlikable lad I find Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is Taylor not fighting Catterall next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Nope were meant to fight late March, but Taylor pulled out due to injury, Jack was not happy but it seems both may have fights lined up now.

Hearn has done a u turn. He thinks Fumbles knocks Jake out. I’m starting to root for a Fumbles win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭megadodge

He's fighting Lopez because if he doesn't he loses his WBO belt, which is the only one he hung onto after dumping the rest in order to avoid all the different mandatories and nonsense he'd have to do to keep each sanctioning body happy. If he fought Catterall there'd be no belt to fight for. I believe if he wins and Catterall wins his next one they should be cleared to rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Jake Paul looks to have more aptitude for boxing than Tommy. I'd expect him to win. Probably a poor and scrappy kind of fight.

• Advertisement

Ryan Garcia v Tank Davis confirmed.

Big for boxing in the States.

I’ve never heard two boxers talk so so confidently about what they’re going to do and how they cannot lose. One them will have egg on the face. Unless both decide to just dance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Think it will be hilarious if Paul beats Fury.

John Fury almost seems to be goading Tommy into this, even took a bet on Tommy's behalf at the press conference, which Tommy seemed to want nothing to do with (winner takes all the purse).

The traveller pride is a big driver in this one. Will be interesting to see how the Fury react should Jake Paul win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ha true.

I don't even dislike Tommy at all, seems a harmless enough bloke while Paul is someone once you go through all the scams he and his brother do is probably a bad egg,,,but overall I think Fury losin would be absolutely hilarious indeed!.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

All the bravado about the bet is just for promotion to get people talking about the fight, the fury team are doing a great job of promoting the fight and with Mike Tyson appearing and a host of other stars it’s going to generate views

the two lads are there to get paid and the more money the better and why not

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

What time is the ring walk for the big one?

Between 21:30 and 22:00 hours they fight. Main card starts at 17:00 Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Could see a dq stoppage tonight with something silly happening from either corner what with Logan Paul and Tyson Fury both being there. Really hoping if the fight does go off as planned Tommy Fury wins by ko over Jake Paul in round 2

Very good shout, that. A DQ is a nice save face decision.

• Advertisement

That script is quite detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Would love to see someone try to choreograph an 8 round boxing match and make it look believable. Great actors couldn't manage it.

Wouldn’t be that difficult once both men are in on it. A script, say that neither man stops/knocks the other out.

They both agree to subtly reduce the intent on their shots. Always still a risk that less than intentful shots gets through to cause serious issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭squinn2912

What about the draw?

A distinct possibility. Another face saving result

Is it face saving though? Surely Fury can forget ever trying to pretend he's a proper boxer without anything other than a resounding win?

Not really. Jake is the favorite. Tommy is pretty rubbish, and has fought nothing but absolute tomato cans, and these cans having a pro boxing licence doesn’t change this.

Fury is absolutely garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Anyone have a link for the Paul fury fight??

• Advertisement

paul isn’t any better it’s like a cuddle fest

Advertisement