Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭megadodge

I'm looking forward to Eubank Jr vs Blackwell, reckon the upset might be on in that one.

That's a fight I'm looking forward to as well.

Blackwell is as tough as nails and has improved considerably since his early challenge to Martin Murray. He'll make Eubank work every second.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Shannon Briggs has arrived in the UK and said he wants to fight all the big names, this lad is not right in the brain!!

Clown that lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I'm looking forward to Eubank Jr vs Blackwell, reckon the upset might be on in that one.

I forgot about that one. I think you might be right about Blackwell winning. As for Briggs being in London, there is bound to be some entertaining stunts from him involving Haye.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Haye will probabaly announce a Briggs fight for May or June!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Johner wrote: »

To add to this cracker of a world title fight we now have,

Ilunga Makabu v Tony Bellew for the WBC Cruiserweight world title.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Briggs is the funniest man in boxing .

Videos of him in London at the moment are hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Sat, Mar 26 2016

Ward-vs-Barrera

I am looking forward to this one.

Yeah that's a good fight. Ward should announce his re-arrival that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

To add to this cracker of a world title fight we now have,

Ilunga Makabu v Tony Bellew for the WBC Cruiserweight world title.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Such a shame Drozd got injured as his fight with Makabu had fantastic potential. It's a disgrace they stripped him though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

David Hayes next opponent apparently will be Arnold Gjergjaj on May 21st.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    David Hayes next opponent apparently will be Arnold Gjergjaj on May 21st.

Announced by Haye just there

• Advertisement

TheNap wrote: »
    Announced by Haye just there

I see Briggs gate crashed the press conference!!

Haye has confirmed that he will be giving away 10% of the revenue to help Nick Blackwell.

Not a big fan of Haye but that's a nice gesture.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I see Briggs gate crashed the press conference!!

Haye has confirmed that he will be giving away 10% of the revenue to help Nick Blackwell.

Not a big fan of Haye but that's a nice gesture.

He could announce he is fighting a local and undefeated taxi driver, and it would still sell out, so i don't think its a cynical move to increase ticket sales.

Fury Klitschko announced for 9th of July in Manchester

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Fury Klitschko announced for 9th of July in Manchester

Not a bad weekend of sport,

July 9th and 10th,

UFC 200
    Wimbledon Final
    British #F1 Grand Prix
    Euro 2016 final
    Fury vs Klitschko

Old skool documentary on ITV4 now. Boxing Mavericks. Very good. Be on ITV4 + 1 at 7.20.

Spence now Brook's mandatory I think. Says he'll go to the UK for it. Hearn says Kell is up for it. Would love to see it. Two big welterweights.

If Brook got injured badly in his ribs in sparring a relatively average puncher I fear for him against Spence who's body attack is savage. Good fight though about time Brook makes a commendable defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

Agree,

I'm really impressed by Spence. Look at the angles he's punching at and specifically the glove tilt then go check out Sugar Ray Robinson vids (BTW I'm not claiming he's up there with Ray...) - there's a few similarities.

I think Brook gets beat by spence but you never truly know. Brook, I feel, has not had the opportunity to show his true worth yet. Granted his performance v Porter was excellent but Port was crued that night.

Wonder if the rumors of Brook turning down Cotto in MSG this summer are true?

Spence looked very impressive but it was still Chris Algieri, who has no power at all and only has defence in his legs.

Two big questions about Spence. How does he fare against another welter who can crack? And has his footwork progressed since his amateur days? He has looked slow and clunky in the past.

Outstanding performance at the weekend. But we'll be waiting a while to see how real he is.

Henno30 wrote: »
    Spence looked very impressive but it was still Chris Algieri, who has no power at all and only has defence in his legs.

Two big questions about Spence. How does he fare against another welter who can crack? And has his footwork progressed since his amateur days? He has looked slow and clunky in the past.

Outstanding performance at the weekend. But we'll be waiting a while to see how real he is.

I haven't gotten to see the fight, but looking great against Algieri is something I'll hold off on until I see it.

• Advertisement

Announced on twitter

Frampton vs santa cruz, this summer, new York

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Fair f*cks to Carl, massive step up. Be interesting how he plans on overcoming LSC's ridiculous high volume punching.

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Fair f*cks to Carl, massive step up. Be interesting how he plans on overcoming LSC's ridiculous high volume punching.

It's a huge step up. His first fight against a world class elite. The absolute key here is whether or not Carl can hurt-discourage LSC. If he can't it could be a hard night for Carl.

Glowacki has been ordered to defend against Usyk:
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/15307842/krzysztof-glowacki-ordered-make-defense-oleksandr-usyk

I am absolutely delighted with this as it's a fantastic fight and it's one step closer for Usyk who's one of my favourite boxers and I hope he beats Holyfield's record.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

Is Andy Lee v Danny Jacobs on the undercard of Frampton v LSC?

Definitely going if so - Imagine that in Maddison Square Garden?!

Kovalev fighting Chilemba next, sick of all these poor defences from champions.

What are the odds of the Ward fight not going ahead in November?

It's sickening. All the posturing and threatening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I reckon the November fight happens. Everything is signed and god to go for it.

Just a stay busy fight for Kovalev dont see a problem with it myself with such a limited number of good opponents to choose from. Would think Ward will want another tune up fight before November too.

It's a poor choice from Kovalev but to be fair what other fights were available for him? Hopefully Ward fights someone of the calibre of Fonfara or Braehmer for his tune-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Easy nights work for Kovalev. Chilemba is very unorthodox but I don't see anything that will trouble Kovalev.

I believe the November bout will happen. Both parties need it, Ward moreso.

Advertisement