Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭squinn2912

This is getting away from Smith he’s nowhere near at it tonight. Eubank can’t miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Smith looks lifeless, just not at the races something really seems off with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reclose

Nice work from Eubank

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Smith is fecked. Jaysus that flurry from Eubank was gas, made Smith look like Floyd Mayweather in how he dodged.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,163 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Smith getting physically dominated. Looks tiny

• Advertisement

6-0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

6-0.

Smith not throwing anything apart from the odd big swing to KO. Seems well off it.

If Eubank doesn't win from here he may give up.

Commentators mentioning the ankle. I noticed in one of the early rounds, maybe round 1, when the ref called them together that Smiths ankle looked hurt.

Yea he was stretching it out. Non event of a fight.

9-0

• Advertisement

Yeah he's dragging his right ankle. If Eubank doesn't stop him it's a joke.

Eubank is absolutely shite. Smith a sitting duck and still unable to put him away clean.

Smity very underwhelming, but Eubank’s use a range very effective

That’s a bit harsh. He changed style after the loss. Fought sensibly and made sure he didn’t get caught with anything stupid.

Smith didn’t turn up though, be interesting to know why.

Yea. It looks to be more than rolling the ankle in the first round. His body language was never right. He never looked remotely confident. Eubank used the jab, smothered Smith and his uppercuts have always been very good. He broke him down and made sure nothing loose caught him out. Deserves credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Eubank came in well prepared with no silly mistakes, smith claims he struggled with the 3st weight cut which I find hard to believe because I’ve never seen smith out of shape

The internet isn’t for everyone

Don't tell me the Brits are going to want a Eubank vs. Smith III decider...

Yea that smacks of bullshit. How the hell would an elite athlete put on 3 stone in 5 (at most) months. I do marathon running and have been injured from April, spent a fair bit of the summer injured and I’ve been able to swim a bit. I put on half a stone. If he put on any more I’d be surprised. He’s also talked about having crap ankles. Feels like they should be giving me my £20 back that was a con job. Both MW and SMW are shallow enough. At MW Eubank shouldnt really fear any of them. GGG nothing like he was, even Canelo has slowed down a bit or he could get someone like Plant and that would be a good draw. Still dont think he’s very good. When he’s messing and just uppercutting he looks at his most natural, he was much more structured last night but I dont could that against a live opponent. Don’t think he would replicate that in the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Nice performance from eubank the jab was excellent and landed some nice body shots and uppercuts, Smith is way off, to be fair even in the first fight up til the ko eubank had most of that too.

Smith full of the usual boxers’ excuses. He was really poor. Gun-shy.. strange performance. Eubank boxed very efficiently, clinically and was very busy

• Advertisement

Yes, seems the route they’ll go to rob more money. The rubber match. Both fights convincing wins, but last night a far more consistent dominance.

I think Eubank beats Smith 99/100 but I think both are at their level and a rubber match is probably their best bet at making a few quid.

i do not think a third fight is going to happen, eubank jnr can make more money fighting elsewhere and will likely go for the benn fight next if the lad can get a license after his egg episode

that card being ppv stank out the place tbh and i don't think it will do the numbers a third time

Post edited by OmegaGene on

Not a chance. Last night proved the first was the miracle Eubank called it for. If Eubank fights focussed Smith only has the Hail Mary chance. Nothing fight. I’d hate Eubank to get GGG’s name on his record.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I like Beefy but he was far too smug in the buildup and then delivers that performance last night. He didn’t seem in great shape from the get go either, Chris clearly prepared far better, he was in serious nick. Going with Bomack and his team might have been the right choice.

I knew myself something was up with the ankle the way he was dragging it behind him.

He’s blaming the 42lb weight cut and said the ankle wasn’t an issue

Smith implying he was over 200 lbs at some point between January and making weight for this fight. Wonder how true this is. I know he’s nicknamed Beefy, but I’d never really heard about him weight-gaining like say, Hatton would.

I don’t mind Eubank at all. I think a lot of his arrogance is tongue in cheek and he’s not taking what he’s saying seriously at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yes even after the fight he said hopefully a few more people are cheering it's mostly just an act, seems a decent guy behind it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Advertisement