Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I remember that, the ref could have got him killed. Shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭megadodge

I always wondered what happened Frenkel after that. I just checked and he hasn't fought since!

Unbeaten and talented.

Six years later???

megadodge wrote: »
    I always wondered what happened Frenkel after that. I just checked and he hasn't fought since!

Unbeaten and talented.

Six years later???

I read he was suffering from depression, not sure how true it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

walshb wrote: »
    That was just way too easy for Loma. Martinez had nothing to offer.

Who does Loma fight? It's clear that Rigo hasn't the balls to test himself at 126, and is happy to fighting nothing fights at 122. Walters is MIA. Due to fight soon? But where does that lead?

Rigo clearly is content to do the minimum necessary to survive his way through life. I have no idea what kind of living he is making but surely he has not yet secured things long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

boxer.fan wrote: »
    Rigo clearly is content to do the minimum necessary to survive his way through life. I have no idea what kind of living he is making but surely he has not yet secured things long term.

He is not making big bucks. As hard as I try I can only see one win against a top opponent. Best Donaire years ago in a rather pedestrian and tame fight. Since then we've been fed the same tired line that nobody wants to fight him. So move up and challenge yourself.

Patrick Hyland V Josh Warrington on July 30th.

Crolla V Jorge Linares 24th September.

Johner wrote: »
    Crolla V Jorge Linares 24th September.

I can't see Crolla lasting the distance here. Linares is not great, but he has power and is tough and fairly relentless. Crolla is one of boxing's weakest champions.

Wilder must be delighted the Povetkin fight got cancelled. He's back to fighting bums, Arreola ffs who has lost two and drawn one of his last five fights :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Wilder must be delighted the Povetkin fight got cancelled. He's back to fighting bums, Arreola ffs who has lost two and drawn one of his last five fights :rolleyes:

Agreed. Sure he won the WBC against Stiverne who beat Arreola twice. Crap fight. :(

But he was ready to meet Povetkin. That is more the point. Yes, this match is a joke, but at least he was ready to really step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

walshb wrote: »
    But he was ready to meet Povetkin. That is more the point. Yes, this match is a joke, but at least he was ready to really step up.

Against his mandatory challenger.......for $5,000,000. Not the hardest of choices to make is it ?, even if they thought he was certain to lose they'd nearly take it. Don't take the fight, he gets stripped. Or take the fight and get as big a payday as he can get against pretty much anyone.

Liam Smith V Canelo in September. Smith is going to get his head taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Autumn 2017 for Canelo GGG. 'Us Mexicans don't **** around '

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

DylanAFC wrote: »

Load of bollocks for boxing fans having to wait around another year for this fight. Reckon it will never happen.

DylanAFC wrote: »

Is this a joke? Link?

Ok, it is not a joke in the literal sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Liam Smith V Canelo in September. Smith is going to get his head taken off.

Nice to see Canelo moving up the weights in British boxing, can see him getting a shot at a British title next year

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Erroll Spence fighting Bundu tonight. Probably in line for a title shot if he wins.

• Advertisement

Bundu is an old and jaded fighter who seems to always get fed to up and coming hungry lions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

I'm struggling to remember a time where the schedule was as depressingly crap as it is now. It's barely worth checking back in until Kovalev-Ward happens. If it happens.

Henno30 wrote: »
    I'm struggling to remember a time where the schedule was as depressingly crap as it is now. It's barely worth checking back in until Kovalev-Ward happens. If it happens.

So true. If only they spent half their energy trying to make matches as they do trying to stall and avoid we'd be happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Is Spence Jnr now Brooks mandatory ?

TheNap wrote: »
    Is Spence Jnr now Brooks mandatory ?

Yep, I think he'd have too much for Brook.

Andrew Selby(5-0) v Kevin Satchell(16-0) for the British Flyweight Title should be taking place before November. I'd expect Selby to be challenging for a world title after this fight.

http://www.westcountryboxing.com/sanigar-events-win-purse-bids-for-andrew-selby-vs-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Derry Matthews v Luke Campbell confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Usyk vs Glowacki is live on Sky on Saturday. That should be a cracker!

Usyk vs Glowacki is live on Sky on Saturday. That should be a cracker!

One of the few fights I've been really looking forward to lately. Time to see how real Usyk is.

• Advertisement

Finally some decent match-ups in store for the last two months of the year:

Nov 5: Vargas vs Pacquiao

Nov 19: Kovalev vs Ward

Nov 26: Lomachenko vs Walters

Dec 10: Joshua vs Klitschko

Advertisement