Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Without having to dig deep.

Probably a bit rusty but when he was asked to step it up, he did.

Don't think the other two can put a stop to him.

And sometimes boxers can give the stupidest excuses when they lose but I think Martin gave a good assessment after of what happened in the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tank looked explosive closing the show last night. Hard, sharp and heavy finishing shots. Martin’s lack of power a real issue

Anyone watch the Whitaker fight?

This is my 3rd time seeing him and he's painful to watch.

I'd be amazed if he was even anyway competitive with someone decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

there was a convo about him last night if his go back in the thread

The only thing I think he needs to improve is power, it’s all well and good doing what he does but but round 4 or 5 he needs to be going for the knock out

I know someone he fought and he said it was the most frustrating contest of his life, he felt humiliated

The internet isn’t for everyone

His behaviour in the ring with the clowning and ridiculous showboating in trying to demean and humiliate opponents is a disgrace. And what’s worse is officials allowing it. But no surprise. Boxing has fook all standards. And I don’t want to hear the pathetic “he’s promoting himself” angle so that makes it all ok.

• Advertisement

interesting points made here regarding the sanctioning bodies and how many belts are in play, 1700 plus belts around is madness

CBS is a world champion. Nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭reclose

Don’t forget the 5 minute ring walks for a fighter who hasn’t even reached English title level yet. It’s so forced.

He’s a few levels above the opposition he’s facing. It’s time to step it up and back up the nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He's not got the knockout power to be a star, yeah he can create a buzz but to go truly viral you need knockouts of not just postmen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

his last opponent is finishing off his doctorate. Not usually the type of person who is gona be a killer in the ring. He does have an Olympic silver medal so he deserves some respect too

He's from all accounts a good bloke and yeah anyone with a silver medal at the Olympics is clearly no mug.

Its somewhat early days as he is only 8 fights in, but having watched all his fights as his opponents have got slightly less rubbish, it doesn't seem the knock out power is their, he found his opponent plenty Saturday night and he never looked like stopping him and that's worrying because he should be finishing guys like that easily.

Again not saying we should give up on him, but Boxxer have bet big on him on been the next big UK boxing star and I just don't see it sadly. I'd like to be proved wrong because I don't dislike the bloke whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I wouldn’t exactly say I’m against him but his lack of respect towards opponents doesn’t endear him to me, especially considering they are obviously levels below him. I think a lot of that is just unnecessary.

I think he could have brought about the knockout at any time on Saturday night. He turned the screw in the last 30 seconds and Ezra was in big trouble.

This style is pretty marketable so I suppose he’s laughing all the way to the bank but a lot of that is just personality. I think he has plenty of tools that will bring him right up to world level. But at that level he will need power and he will have to take shots. Give it another 5-6 fights and things will get more exciting.

I missed his fight other night, but saw clip him getting a headbutt after he patronisingly walked opponent back to his corner. Absolute pox.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭reclose

the lad gave him an elbow too

I didn’t realise he’s the bloke that randomly turned up to a press conference claiming to be an African king

Apparently whittekar brings in his previous opponents for sparring at his gym, he needs to stop this idea of training himself and get someone guiding him

Ryan’s done a Shakur and “retired.” Sport’s full a fooking imbeciles!!!

Y’all this and y’all that!!!😖

TJ Doheny touted to get crack at Inoue's belt in September…..my goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Card on DAZN now. The Croc on later

cracker and walker is a decent scrap

I expected Walker to get the nod tbh

Good watch and now to see why cash has got after what seems like two years out now

jack catteral v Regis prograis august 24th

fight stopped with felix cash having his eye cut with a clash of heads so we are off to the score cards after 5 rounds

Denny wins

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Crocker is nothing special. Felix Cash has nothing to offer.

Matchroom pulled the Fiaz-Baker rematch due to irregular betting activity. Someone was going to take a dive.

Bookies have been taken before by lads taking dives, but must have been decent money a specific round. It was odds on to go the distance so early round a big price IMO. Its interesting to see the fallout in this now.

Crocker agreed is nothing special sadly, he absolutely threw the kitchen sink at Tyrone Mc Kenna and could not finish him and last night very lucky.

I hope the Donovan fight happens though be nice to get a somewhat big Irish domestic fight.

most of the pundits had Crocker losing, paddy Donovan was asking Eddie for the winne in Limerick but looks like the rematch will be on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭megadodge

Bam Rodriguez looked superb last night against Estrada.

Despite Estrada's age and my belief that he is slightly overrated, it was the all-round performance from Rodriguez that really impressed. His footwork, feinting and shot-selection are top-notch.

Though I have to say the silly questions afterwards about a potential matchup with Inoue are very unfair, with Inoue having moved through much the same weights there's not really a natural size advantage and it certainly would be a mouth-watering matchup.

Advertisement