Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Haye Bellew 2 being announced tomorrow it seems

What a surprise, not. Haye has recently been talking about facing Joshua in 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Jack and Bivol going to purse bid for the regular WBA 175 belt. Presumably winner becomes Ward's mandatory. Feel like Jack will just vacate and go after Adonis though. I've been hyping Bivol up a tonne and I feel he'll ice Jack. Still a fine fight though. It's a high risk low reward for Jack whereas at least he gets a big payday and a chance of having a legitimate belt against Adonis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Burial. wrote: »
    Jack and Bivol going to purse bid for the regular WBA 175 belt. Presumably winner becomes Ward's mandatory. Feel like Jack will just vacate and go after Adonis though. I've been hyping Bivol up a tonne and I feel he'll ice Jack. Still a fine fight though. It's a high risk low reward for Jack whereas at least he gets a big payday and a chance of having a legitimate belt against Adonis.

What channel is showing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Danye

xtal191 wrote: »

Classless from the Saunders camp but sure that's to be expected.

Hopefully he gets beaten and fades into obscurity

• Advertisement

Word's going round that Eddie f*cking Hearn has signed Dmitry Bivol. Bloody hell. Bivol, is one of my favourite fighters, been hyping him up for ageeees and figured if anyone would beat Ward at 175 it'd be him... I'm glad he'll get exposure under Hearn but jesus Eddie Hearn. Apparently he's pushing for the Jack fight. Hearn's dosh could make Jack sign the fight.

As I predicted, Jack has vacated. Bivol to fight for the WBA belt (maybe the full belt now that Ward has retired?) in November. Sully Barrera is #1 ranked but Gvozdyk is #2 ranked. Christ above if Bivol/Gvozdyk happened 2017 will go down as the best year in Boxing ever I don't even care what anyone else thinks. Both lads are the future of the division and I'd like both to go their separate ways and tear everyone else to pieces and have belts themselves before they fight each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luzGIlQJF6Y...This is the Dorticos v Kudryashov. There's a cool ref cam replay included.

As I predicted, Jack has vacated. Bivol to fight for the WBA belt (maybe the full belt now that Ward has retired?) in November. Sully Barrera is #1 ranked but Gvozdyk is #2 ranked. Christ above if Bivol/Gvozdyk happened 2017 will go down as the best year in Boxing ever I don't even care what anyone else thinks. Both lads are the future of the division and I'd like both to go their separate ways and tear everyone else to pieces and have belts themselves before they fight each other.
    I'm not too familiar with Bivol. Gvozdyk looks the business though. It seems Daniel Jacobs has made the switch Hearn as well.

Bivol booked in November 4th to fight for vacant WBA belt versus....wait for it.... Trent Broadhurst. You've never heard of the guy and neither have I. F*ck sake. Either Eddie Hearn is pulling miracles out his ass again or simply nobody wants to fight Bivol. Bit of both imo. Broadhurst seems a decent lad from his Twitter, made a post about it with the old MJ caption of you miss 100% of the shots you never take... I hope this isn't upgraded for Ward's WBA belt although wouldn't shock me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Burial. wrote:
    Bivol booked in November 4th to fight for vacant WBA belt versus....wait for it.... Trent Broadhurst. You've never heard of the guy and neither have I. F*ck sake. Either Eddie Hearn is pulling miracles out his ass again or simply nobody wants to fight Bivol. Bit of both imo. Broadhurst seems a decent lad from his Twitter, made a post about it with the old MJ caption of you miss 100% of the shots you never take... I hope this isn't upgraded for Ward's WBA belt although wouldn't shock me.

The no one wanting to fight Bivol part is crap after Barrera's reaction on Twitter. Gvodzyk ain't someone who's easily shyed off eithef

Barrera's twitter is hilarious. Giving Kovalev some awful sh*t over that TMZ vid saying he's messed up from vodka and giving Beterbiev sh*t too. Speaking of, Beterbiev and Koelling is for the IBF belt. Shame all Ward's belts are going straight away into mismatch fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Should have a WBSS at LH. Imagine having a tournament with Stevenson, Kovalev, Gvodzyk, Barrera, Bivol, Jack, Beterbiev and Alvarez.

I'm not sure I could even call a winner there, it'd just be ridiculously good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Recent Top Rank card with Valdez-Servania and Ramirez-Hart was entertaining and well worth watching. Exciting fights with a lively crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Haye Bellew 2 confirmed

17th Decemeber which is a Sunday night - like the fact its a Sunday

Saturday night/Sunday morning job maybe? I do remember Bellew's title fight was on a Sunday as well but awful shout if it's a Sunday evening job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

No its a UK fight so Sunday around 10.30pm i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

mike perez in fighting mairis briedis in latvia, live on itv, for WBC cruiserweight title on saturday. didnt think he was the same after the abdusalemov fight with what happened but the guy looks ripped right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

One of the darkest days for heavyweight boxing in recent memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Morrison J wrote: »
    One of the darkest days for heavyweight boxing in recent memory.

Didn't think Fury v Parker was that bad;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Haye vs bellew in the rematch nobody wants to see. The sad thing is there will most likely be a trilogy fight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

ricero wrote: »
    Haye vs bellew in the rematch nobody wants to see. The sad thing is there will most likely be a trilogy fight

Sky and Eddie have most of the people who watched it thinking it was some kind of classic fight. :o This one will sell too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Sky and Eddie have most of the people who watched it thinking it was some kind of classic fight. :o This one will sell too.

It's one of, if not the worst fights I've ever seen. Haye especially, Bellew has always been muck to watch but Haye really was awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Is Spike's fight on telly here tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

ricero wrote: »

I certainly want to see it. He's been mouthing off since the fight as if the injury to Haye had never happened. And he won his previous fight with a low blow to BJ Flores. Really hoping that David Haye can stay fit this time. Rumour has it that he is a lot lighter this time, but even still I don't know if his body will hold up.

Derrick Chisora is up tonight, his first fight since Whyte I think.

Anyone know what time the Mike Perez fight is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

hbhook wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the Mike Perez fight is on?
    Ring walks imminent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Wow, Ohara Davies with some comeback after his loss to Josh Taylor. Destroyed him. Knocked him two at the end of the first, twice in the second and then again in the fifth... Thought it should have been stopped a lot sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I certainly want to see it. He's been mouthing off since the fight as if the injury to Haye had never happened. And he won his previous fight with a low blow to BJ Flores. Really hoping that David Haye can stay fit this time. Rumour has it that he is a lot lighter this time, but even still I don't know if his body will hold up.

Derrick Chisora is up tonight, his first fight since Whyte I think.

Was the idea of him being heavier last time to protect his surgically repaired shoulder? I thought he mentioned that in an interview. I
    think his body will let him down again. . A peak, and injury free, Haye would have beaten Bellew inside two or three rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

Really hope Bellew gets knocked into next week. I find him irritating at the best of times but he really grated on me after the Haye fight. I called that one spectacularly wrong but you'd swear he had just beat Sonny Liston reincarnated that night. Haye didn't look great up to the injury but Bellew was doing fook all himself. He then struggled to put away a one legged man. The whole 'I just beat the boogey man of the HW divison' line killed me. Haye just stood there sucking it all up not wanting to say something that might jeopardise the rematch. It all made me feel a bit ill.

Then the whole pretending that he might fight Wilder act. Cant stand the man. Haye not much better but hope he can hold it together enough to pancake him.

Advertisement