Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Wilder's definitely talking a good game...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Any word on who DeGale is fighting yet? Thinking of getting over for it

pac_man wrote: »
    On 4 weeks notice and given that Selby is also on the show, i'd imagine the budget won't stretch for a world beater. Open to correction but I think he's obligated to fight someone in the top 15 of the IBF rankings and if you look at who is in that, maybe someone like Stefan Hartel( lad that beat O'Neill in the Olympics) or Caleb Plant.

http://www.ibfusbaregistration.com/ibfusba_02APR2014/index.php/ratings/ibf-ratings?view=rankings

Bit of a dud so. Thought card would have looked decent with a good DeGale fight to go along with Selby, Yarde and Dubois. Still think it might be a worthwhile trip.

De Gale v Quillen maybe in the future?Not that familiar with a lot of those in the IBF rankings. They're both Haymon guys I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Mikey Garcia and Robert Easter is done for early next year. Not a bad exchange for Garcia/Linares tbh.

• Advertisement

Rumours going around that Haye has injured himself in training again and fight is in jeopardy. Hearn has quickly denied it as to be expected but betting markets have reacted as if the news is true. Now it could be a case of keeping the fight on people's lips but given what happened the last camp and the fight who's to say. I know a lad who has a little bit of inside intel across the pond and he said a while back that Haye is supposed to be putting in ridiculous hours in the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Burial. wrote: »
    Rumours going around that Haye has injured himself in training again and fight is in jeopardy. Hearn has quickly denied it as to be expected but betting markets have reacted as if the news is true. Now it could be a case of keeping the fight on people's lips but given what happened the last camp and the fight who's to say. I know a lad who has a little bit of inside intel across the pond and he said a while back that Haye is supposed to be putting in ridiculous hours in the gym.

The last bit wouldn't surprise, I'd say Haye wants this to be a short nights work to put any doubts to bed

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbcYnIZjiZY/

Fury back on the pads. Good grief he has some amount of lard to shed. Still looks rather mobile. Good to see him back training of some sort though. Physically and mentally the lad has and still will have some battles. Boxing isn't the same without him even if he is a clown at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It's likely that Fury leaves most of his fight and heart in the gym when shedding the weight and trying to get into fighting shape. Hasn't a fooking prayer against AJ or Wilder.

Any word on who DeGale is fighting yet? Thinking of getting over for it

Confirmed to be Caleb Truax. Save your money lad.

• Advertisement

Burial. wrote: »
    Confirmed to be Caleb Truax. Save your money lad.

Cheers, pretty disappointed with that. Will keep the money for Eubank vs Groves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Fury moving very well in his latest posts . Still needs to shed some weight.

He moves like a middleweight though, he really is kryptonite for AJ.

Is that what beats AJ.....? Not sure how you can say that he is kryptonite vs. a very decent technically sound and clean boxer/puncher...herky jerky movement won't win him this fight.

He will be winning right up until he gets smacked in the face!

walshb wrote: »
    Is that what beats AJ.....? Not sure how you can say that he is kryptonite vs. a very decent technically sound and clean boxer/puncher...herky jerky movement won't win him this fight.

He will be winning right up until he gets smacked in the face!

You have your opinion . I have mine.

It will be a glorious stinkfest that will end with Fury singing in the ring to AJ and Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Fury moving very well in his latest posts . Still needs to shed some weight.

Completely disagree. Moves like the big awkward lump that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Anyone any idea what’s next for Ryan Burnett? Can’t believe there’s not more talk about this lad. I’ll making the trip up to Belfast for his next fight that’s for sure!

bono_v wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what’s next for Ryan Burnett? Can’t believe there’s not more talk about this lad. I’ll making the trip up to Belfast for his next fight that’s for sure!

I can believe it..just hasn’t grabbed my attention one bit...

Double belt WC or not...I just don’t see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

If i'm Hearn i'm making a big offer to Yamanaka to fight Burnett, Yamanaka is past it now but still the ring champion i think and would be a great name on the record for Burnett adding the Ring Magazine belt to the other two would really give Burnett claim to being the man at BW.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

walshb wrote: »
    I can believe it..just hasn’t grabbed my attention one bit...

Double belt WC or not...I just don’t see it.

Ah harsh Walshb!!!!
    You’ve gotten to used to promotion hyperbole for the likes of Conor McGregor etc!! (I jest!)

bono_v wrote: »
    Ah harsh Walshb!!!!
    You’ve gotten to used to promotion hyperbole for the likes of Conor McGregor etc!! (I jest!)

As a boxing fan he hasn’t grabbed my attention..just hasn’t. Nothing to do with harsh. Just a feel.

As for Conor...I never bought into the ridiculous hype heaped on that man..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭megadodge

I really rate Burnett.

He has a lot of quality in terms of skill and offensive variety but more importantly he has physical strength and a certain toughness about him you often don't see in the small men from this side of the world.

I also think he's a work in progress, in much the same way that Anthony Joshua is. In other words, he took the opportunity when it presented itself, and he was good enough to take it, but he's still improving and I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Tomasz Adamek is still fighting. He won a decision against journeyman Fred Kassi in Poland last night. He can still draw a good crowd at home.

Haye injured . Thats the final nail now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Haye injured . Thats the final nail now

Doubt it. It was sold out. They'll reschedule.

Edit: Rescheduled for 24th March or 5th May

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

He slipped on the stairs...

Jus give it up pal, no one cares.

I was looking forward to the spectacle just before Christmas on a Sunday. I've just noticed that Mr. Fury has offered to stand in...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Haye should retire and take up his new calling; Marvin Gaye tribute act in Bermondsey pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Haye's body just can't handle it anymore he's totally broken down at this point, just retire with whatever dignity he has left.

Jason Sosa, whom Lomachenko defeated recently meets Gamboa at 130 lbs this Saturday. Looking forward to seeing how Gamboa gets on. He’s the underdog. Kind of surprising, as Sosa is not great. Must be due to Gamboa having been beaten a few months ago by quitting on his stool...anyway, I have Gamboa to win, and if he looks good it would be great to see him vs. Loma early 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Spike O'Sullivan is fighting Antoine Douglas on the undercard of Saunders Vs Lemieux.
    Big fight for O'Sullivan, Douglas is ranked in the top ten by 3 of the World governing bodies and this will be the Co-Main event on a HBO televised card. So should he win the prospects of a big fight are very good.

If he loses... we'll he's already 33, and has lost both previous times he's fought close to World level (and clearly)...a 3rd defeat could definitely mean the end of his career.
    He does have a better chance here than he did against Saunders and Eubank jnr though, it's an interesting fight.

Advertisement