Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭squinn2912

weemcd wrote: »
    I think this is a bad move from Warrington's camp. Take a different fight and get back into some form. Massive risk v reward here.

I'd take Lara if odds were any way decent.

Warrington is 30 now and he’s going to go into decline more so over the next year or two I believe. If he has real ambition then he’s as well to go and get some revenge and use that platform to get back to the top level. I think time is against him for warm up fights. That’s what Lara was meant to be and it was dreadful matchmaking from his team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Warrington vs Conlan would be a great matchup, a fight I’ve wanted to see for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,244 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Warrington vs Conlan would be a great matchup, a fight I’ve wanted to see for a while now.

Unless Warrington has regressed badly from the Lara loss, he’d eat Conlan up easy enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Aye, we still need to see where Warrington is at but unless he's completely shot I don't see Conlan troubling him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

walshb wrote: »
    Unless Warrington has regressed badly from the Lara loss, he’d eat Conlan up easy enough..

Would be a proper test for mick, definitely not a fight I’d be expecting him to win but I don’t think it’d be a walk in the park for Warrington either.

• Advertisement

Yes. Conlon doesn’t have the power to trouble him as much and his work rate is very poor. I’ve very mixed feelings about conlon. On one had its nice to see an Irish boxer doing well and he got a very poor fair play in the Olympics but something about him makes me want to see him sitting on his ass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

son just sent me this....is this right?....hatton on that ??....and katie ?...

dougm1970 wrote: »
    son just sent me this....is this right?....hatton on that ??....and katie ?...

It was a joke on twitter, completely made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

feel daft now :)

dougm1970 wrote: »
    feel daft now :)

Don't worry, I saw it myself and I know loads of other people saw it too and were commenting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Butson

Josh Taylor's unification fight with Ramirez later this month not picked up by Sky or BT.
    FITE TV showing it on PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Butson wrote: »
    Josh Taylor's unification fight with Ramirez later this month not picked up by Sky or BT.
    FITE TV showing it on PPV.

such a shame hes MTK - should be a cracker

Jake Paul stealing Floyd’s hat is very funny.. fair play to him

showtimeboxing on insta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Froch and Ward for me too good

Froch is a big SMW with a solid chin, excellent overall body strength and could punch....fit as fook as well....and towering over Canelo. And won't be scared ****less like that lump, Smith was. I'd make Froch a winner here. Busier, stronger, bigger and will not be knocked out. I think he bullies the smaller Canelo all night, as well as hurts him inside fighting and outside fighting.

https://twitter.com/IFLTV/status/1390563091323265037?s=19

One down one to go 2021

Just need AJ to do a proper number on Fury, like Canelo did to Billy, and it will be a fine year!!!

One down one to go 2021

Just need AJ to do a proper number on Fury, like Canelo did to Billy, and it will be a fine year!!!

That’s my prediction anyhow. Big powerful combo straight down the middle. I don’t think Fury can keep him off balance long enough. 3-2 or 4-2 to Fury and AJ will stop him in 6 or 7. Dyin to be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

squinn2912 wrote: »
    That’s my prediction anyhow. Big powerful combo straight down the middle. I don’t think Fury can keep him off balance long enough. 3-2 or 4-2 to Fury and AJ will stop him in 6 or 7. Dyin to be wrong

I would have thought the same til Furys last performance v Wilder. I think having seen that, AJ might box more from the outside like he did in Ruiz 2, and Im not sure hes good enough to do that to Fury. Maybe the dislike will take over and it'll be a tear-up though...

I would have thought the same til Furys last performance v Wilder. I think having seen that, AJ might box more from the outside like he did in Ruiz 2, and Im not sure hes good enough to do that to Fury. Maybe the dislike will take over and it'll be a tear-up though...

I think Fury’s height and reach and movement favor him long distance type boxing/fencing match.

AJ will need to be mid to close range attacking to stand his best chance.

I think Fury’s height and reach and movement favor him long distance type boxing/fencing match.

AJ will need to be mid to close range attacking to stand his best chance.

Yea I think so too. That’s why I reckon Fury wins the first few rounds. His jab needs to be strong enough to keep aj back at distance and he needs to pick his times to plant the feet and hit him with something meaningful to further dissuade him. Aj is much stronger than Wilder and will be much more successful in the clinches and inside work

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This really is hard fight to call , I really wouldn't write of anything here,

Mainly because we have no idea what Fury does , he is capable of approaching the task in a good few different manners,
    He could box from the outside, spoil in close or try to KO him ,

AJ in my opinion can only win by KO or hurting Fury so that he only survives , as said from mid to close range is his best chance,

If I had to predict i reckon Fury outboxes and spoils & he wins like he did v Wlad with many moaning about it being a stinker ,

But who knows maybe AJ catches him early and ends it , maybe AJ has another episode and quits ,

Very hard to call ,

• Advertisement

This really is hard fight to call , I really wouldn't write of anything here,

Mainly because we have no idea what Fury does , he is capable of approaching the task in a good few different manners,
    He could box from the outside, spoil in close or try to KO him ,

AJ in my opinion can only win by KO or hurting Fury so that he only survives , as said from mid to close range is his best chance,

If I had to predict i reckon Fury outboxes and spoils & he wins like he did v Wlad with many moaning about it being a stinker ,

But who knows maybe AJ catches him early and ends it , maybe AJ has another episode and quits ,

Very hard to call ,

Absolutely spot on here. There's no telling what version of Fury shows up for this one. And even at that, one good punch from AJ could end it even if Fury was giving him fits. It could go so many different ways.

Does a Billy Joe on it!:p

It won't be a stinker if this happens.

AJ is not Wlad....AJ can fight inside and rough it up.....so you be almost sure the fight will be entertaining.....

AJ won't be contained as easily, or at all, the way Wlad was, and was happy to be.

Fury will need to be very careful if he tries to manhandle, hold, hug, or spoil in close.....AJ can let the shots go fast and hard once he has them free.

Wlad stunk the joint as much as Fury in 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

As much as I dislike Fury, I have given up underrating him. Thought Wlad would ko him, thought Wilder would beat him and thought Wilder would learn and win the second fight but Fury put in a great display in that one it has to be said.
    Showed everyone that Wilder is so poor from a fundamental point of view.

Think Joshua needs to keep his weight on the light side ala Ruiz 2 as I think he gets too muscle bound, better boxer when he's a bit lighter and he's still big enough and strong like this.

Very tough fight to predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

It won't be a stinker if this happens.

AJ is not Wlad....AJ can fight inside and rough it up.....so you be almost sure the fight will be entertaining.....

AJ won't be contained as easily, or at all, the way Wlad was, and was happy to be.

Fury will need to be very careful if he tries to manhandle, hold, hug, or spoil i close.....AJ can let the shots go fast and hard once he has them free.

Wlad stunk the joint as much as Fury in 2015!

I don't this disagree with you in that AJ is more aggresse, stronger & better n the inside than Wlad , But Wlad is far more experienced than AJ and Fury made him look like a deer in the headlights , Wlad only realised what was happing when the 12th round came around ,

I wouldn't put it past Fury to put AJ in a similar confused state but to do so Fury will need to catch him with a heavy one earlier

Again anything could happen in this one simply because we have no idea what way Fury decided to approach it , That's not saying Fury is better and will win just that he has far more strings to his bow than AJ & can fight in more ways, but in boxing we all know sometimes that doesn't matter ,

Let's not rule out a Fury KO

A while ago I wouldn't have thought much chance, but times and performances have changed

Fury is not a big hitter, but can still hurt. AJs chin has been shown to be vulnerable, as has his body been shown not to react well to clean punches

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

Dream fight for Fury with A.J.'s style. He'll walk in straight lines , feet planted and fury will have all the time in the world. Think Fury has far too much movement to even worry about getting hit too often. Can see a fury win in 6 rounds

Any thread for Sky’s last figh night?

Also, Luis Nery v Brandon Figueirero at 122 lbs WBC title..

Conlan be looking closely I’d imagine..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Any thread for Sky’s last figh night?

Also, Luis Nery v Brandon Figueirero at 122 lbs WBC title..

Conlan be looking closely I’d imagine..

Tommy McCarthy on at 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

but1er wrote: »
    Tommy McCarthy on at 7pm

Really good performance from McCarthy but Jur offered absolutely nothing.

Happy to see him face Billiam-Smith next. An interesting match up with a genuine bit of bite to it, should help build up his profile too.
    Win that and match him against an aging name like Wlodarcyzk or Tervel Pulev to push him on further again.

Advertisement