Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Anyone going to watch charr vs lovejoy this evening
    Charr hasn’t had a fight in four years

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Anyone going to watch charr vs lovejoy this evening
    Charr hasn’t had a fight in four years

I think he was up about 70 lbs on his last outing...

• Registered Users Posts: 56,250 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jason Cunningham under the cosh now. Yafai really pouring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

weemcd wrote: »
    I think he was up about 70 lbs on his last outing...

Charr finished lovejoy off in the second round and it wasn’t much of a fight tbh, Dave Allen said that lovejoy isn’t a boxer and I think he could be right.
    The man didn’t want to be there at all, looked like he was there for a pay day, commentator said charr can go up against the winner of Aj v fury lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

walshb wrote: »
    Jason Cunningham under the cosh now. Yafai really pouring it on!

Very entertaining fight to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Very entertaining fight to watch.

I had missed Yafai's last fight, but on that evidence he was lucky to have picked up a European title.
    His strength and fitness were extremely impressive, but he reminded me of an even more open Eamon O'Kane. Rushing in, in straight lines, loading up on shots and asking to be countered.

He came close to turning everything around in that 10th round, but considering Cunningham came in on short notice he was always likely to fade down the stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Big Ears wrote: »
    Really good performance from McCarthy but Jur offered absolutely nothing.

Happy to see him face Billiam-Smith next. An interesting match up with a genuine bit of bite to it, should help build up his profile too.
    Win that and match him against an aging name like Wlodarcyzk or Tervel Pulev to push him on further again.

That’s a good match up but I think Billiam-Smith beats him. I think McCarthy is far too hittable. Left carried far too low.

Cunningham was excellent as well. Just finished watching it brilliant fight.

Buatsi had a nice KO win..

Still difficult to assess him as regards how far he goes.. the opponent was another quite basic one.

Buatsi had a nice KO win..

Still difficult to assess him as regards how far he goes.. the opponent was another quite basic one.

Just got round to watching it and its over. Opponents have all been very picked up until now. This fella was very limited he reminded me of that poor bewildered idiot that was brought over for Daniel Dubois to hammer... not Larty the other guy. These paper records are the ruination of a night. They all knew well this fella was no threat at all. At LHW there are a lot of very aged fighters around the top 10 that he shouldn’t have much fear of and can be used to really add to his profile. De Santos was distraught at the end he knows he had no business being in that fight as much as he’s coming to terms with the fact that he didn’t show up and give it a crack either. Hard to look at a man as heartbroken as that

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Butson

I hate to say it, but the sport is a fcuking circus at this stage.

They couldn't get their act together and get the fight everybody wanted made. They all would have made a fortune - fighters, promotors, TV networks, and still they couldn't do it.
    Or, what's worse, certain people behind the scenes never wanted it in the first place, due to their own egos or agendas (particularly Top Rank / Fury).

You have a genuine undisputed fight on this weekend and nobody is talking about it, or even knows about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Looking forward to Taylor v Ramirez tomorrow night. Two undefeated Champions going for all the marbles. Well worth getting up for!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Looking forward to Taylor v Ramirez tomorrow night. Two undefeated Champions going for all the marbles. Well worth getting up for!

Unbelievable that no networks have picked it up over here.

Very hard one to call but I have a feeling for Ramirez by a whisker. Is there any way of seeing it. DAZN that was easier to hit than miss... I missed. Couldn’t find it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Butson

Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence, August 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Butson wrote: »
    Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence, August 21st.

Got to laugh at those who say there's no good fights being made in boxing. Brilliant fight.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Got to laugh at those who say there's no good fights being made in boxing. Brilliant fight.

You have a point it’s just that a lot of very, very bad fights are being made

squinn2912 wrote: »
    You have a point it’s just that a lot of very, very bad fights are being made

That's always been the way though hasn't it. Always got to take the rough with the smooth in boxing. Feels like there's big fights being made with far more regularity these days than 5-10 years ago though for sure.

Also nice to see a big fight announcement come completely out of the blue instead of promotors over talking about a fight theyre trying to make and failing to deliver.

That's always been the way though hasn't it. Always got to take the rough with the smooth in boxing. Feels like there's big fights being made with far more regularity these days than 5-10 years ago though for sure.

Also nice to see a big fight announcement come completely out of the blue instead of promotors over talking about a fight theyre trying to make and failing to deliver.

Yea that’s fair enough. I seem to remember Pac& Thurman coming under the radar too. But still can’t blame lads being frustrated over the recent nonsense

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Very hard one to call but I have a feeling for Ramirez by a whisker. Is there any way of seeing it. DAZN that was easier to hit than miss... I missed. Couldn’t find it at all!

I think Taylor a little more the complete and rounded fighter..

Both fit, strong, good punchers. Ramirez has volume.

Taylor can box front and back foot a bit better...

Very close fight to call.

I think Spence pulverizes Manny. Manny is 2 years out of the ring, 42 years old, and against an in his prime big WW Spence..

Spence has size, strength and will boss this all night. Far too strong inside as well..

I reckon a TKO here mid to late rds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Spence should change his slogan to #MannyDown

Anyone paying for this Taylor fight on fite tv UK?

Anyone paying for this Taylor fight on fite tv UK?

Think I will. It's a fight well worthy of a tenner and not too late of a start either apparently.

https://twitter.com/RobTebbutt/status/1396164972372271104?s=19

Think I will. It's a fight well worthy of a tenner and not too late of a start either apparently.

https://twitter.com/RobTebbutt/status/1396164972372271104?s=19

Yes. Well worth a tenner.

I just can’t do these late ones. Do you know if you can watch it on repeat?

Yes. Well worth a tenner.

I just can’t do these late ones. Do you know if you can watch it on repeat?

Yeah you can watch it on demand through the app tomorrow morning.

Yeah you can watch it on demand through the app tomorrow morning.

Sorted. Set the alarm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭megadodge

Terrific fight.
    I think Taylor coasted a little in the last few rounds letting Ramirez back into it.
    I still think he got it, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭megadodge

Well done Josh Taylor.

Undisputed champ. Not too many of them around.

Had it 116-110. What a fighter Taylor is.

Never really rated Ramirez that highly but was surprised how well he did early and how he was physically getting the better of Taylor. Once Taylor landed one good shot and got his respect though the fight changed completely.

Rare to see a fighter come out of this part of the world who can fight inside and outside like Taylor can. Unbelievable performance.

• Advertisement

Got my prediction wrong anyhow I thought Rameriz would keep Taylor at bay. KDs seem to have made the difference with judges. Gotta be pleased for Taylor

Advertisement