Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Assuming this is on PPV ,will be curious to see how it does, I'd like it to do well but am skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Not sure on that tbh?

She was very good against Jonas imo. Jonas boxed well and is talented and Katie simply left her for dust in the final 4 rds. Serious output that showed the mark of a champion. Cards should have been wider too in my view.

The Spaniard who fought Serrano last is tough but very very ordinary. Katie beat her handy too so not a lot to be told by either performance against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I am not seeing any marked regression with Katie at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Great fight gonna be on a knife edge I feel. If I’m pressed I think Katie is in trouble here. What an opportunity for an already great legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Tbh I think the hand and foot speed have declined just a fraction.

She is more seasoned now, and the experience of those massive fights with Persoon will have her well acclimatised to fighting in such a massive event, but Serrano will have the speed advantage here.

Serrano is typically very aggressive, although not that hard to hit. It'll be a very interesting fight, but right now I'd be edging the Puerto Rican to with it.

• Advertisement

Serrano will not have speed advantage. Katie's feet and hands are sharper.

Serrano has a power advantage.

Nice lil Sky Sports card tonight.

Eubank and Shields on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

should be a great fight...i think.

both come forward, both throw loads, neither has one punch ko power, both have good chins...so i think it'll be a great toe to toe battle that eubank likely wins due to faster hands.

i think :)

been looking forward to this one.

Shields and Marshall an embarrassment..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Big time…. Shields Sounded like a wailing cat

• Advertisement

Two a them idiots.

Shields very difficult to warm to

A loud fart would knock Williams down!

Struggling badly alright…. Eubank totally overdoing the showboating/goading, almost to an embarrassing level

Eubank has stepped up in class twice and found wanting both times, don’t think he has that top World Level

Eubank very limited. Williams should have been taken out 20 minutes ago

Eubank more interested in supposedly punishing him… just get him the **** outta there and move on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Both pretty poor performances really. If Williams punch resistance hadn't completely gone to shite he'd have probably won. GGG has nothing to be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭megadodge

I found the knockdowns bizarre to say the least.

Obviously the fourth wasn't a knockdown, but the first three came from punches that couldn't even be called 'innocuous'. I had to wait for the end of the round replays to see the actual punches and I was shocked to see how harmless they were. Considering Williams has always been tough, I really cannot understand what happened. After all the knockdowns he immediately went on the attack as if nothing had happened, so how come he went down so easily in the first place?

I have to say for a fight that beforehand looked like a can't-miss action fight, it was a disappointment overall. While Eubank was using his jab very well early on and looked reasonably impressive, the longer it went the worse he looked. Williams' performance was just strange.

I do remember Williams fighting Gary Corcoran a few years ago in a bit if a gruelling bloodbath that was fit for a car park. Might just have that few too many miles on the clock now that his punch resistance is completely shot.

• Advertisement

Bam Rodriguez was absolutely superb last night. Well worth a watch for people who haven't seen it. Proper breakout performance against a quality operator in Carlos Cuadras. So many good fights to be made at the lower weights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭megadodge

That's a great win for Rodriguez, especially given the late notice and moving up two weights. Obviously worth keeping an eye on.

Totally. I’m catching up today. Average performance by Eubank against a guy he shouldn’t be wasting time on. 3 rounds, look impressive and shout about titles. After the fight he wanted to continue the spat. He’s 32 and possibly less mature now than ever before. He’s got a hope against GGG though who will fight on too long until a pretender like Eubank beats him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

So any thoughts On Katie and Serrano doing 3 minute rounds?

she really got taking back with that comment

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

She certainly did get taken aback by it, and her protests that the fight is big enough without the need for 3 minute rounds sounded a bit hollow.

Not one for reading into gamesmanship before fights, but if you were that was inclined, it's definitely 1-0 Serrano, it was a telling blow.

3 minute rounds would be a disaster for Katie too.

Katie likely suffers more from 3 minutes rds, assuming the rounds have actual pace and fight

It's as much Katie being a bit too strung and eager and committed as it is general cardio stamina.

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I think that 12x3 definitely would have favour for Serrano. Katie does seem to gas and 10x2 is already a struggle for her. I would have thought thought that this would all have been agreed in the contracts they signed and this is just Serrano pissing about.

Saunders crawled out from his cave to have a go at Eubank.. looking for a payday..

• Advertisement

Would there be an awful lot between them? Eubank wasn’t impressive at all at the weekend for me I think that’s a toss up between tossers

Advertisement