Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cleverly v Bellew II will be shown live and exclusive on Sky Sports Box Office
    Joshua, Quigg, McDonnell and Callum Smith also star.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Amir Khan vs Devon Alexander is scheduled for December 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Yes ..... Khan Vs Alexander , and also on that card will be Tim Bradley vs Diego Chavez !

Whoopie night for boxing fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Provodnikov vs Castillo confirmed for Nov 28th in Moscow.

Can't understand what Provodnikov's management are thinking. Talk about lose-lose.

A massacre awaits. Sad that Jose is taking these fights, sadder that the sport sanctions them. Unless I am wrong, but Castillo hasn't been near a force for several years now. Ruslan is not the kind of foe that you want to me meeting if you haven't got it anymore.

• Advertisement

Carl Frampton set to fight Chris Avalos on the 28th of February

http://www.boxingscene.com/carl-frampton-vs-chris-avalos-set-2-28-belfast--85490

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Tyson Fury to take on Christian Hammer in Febuary to keep busy, he is the WBO mandatory challenger after beating Chisora.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Tyson Fury to take on Christian Hammer in Febuary to keep busy, he is the WBO mandatory challenger after beating Chisora.

Don't know much about Hammer but he is ranked #11 on Boxrec so maybe a decent enough opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

menoscemo wrote: »
    Don't know much about Hammer but he is ranked #11 on Boxrec so maybe a decent enough opponent.

He's pretty average, Fury will have an easy time picking him off with the jab and once the bigger shots go in it'll be all over.

menoscemo wrote: »

He's a decent European level fighter, I do think Fury will have too much for him, considering he has Klitscho on the horizon it's about a tough a fight as he could risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The Johnson v josua has been called off as Josua is injured. Pity, was kinda looking forward to this one.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The Elite finals will be screened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Canelo Alvarez and James Kirkland have signed up to fight in May. De La Hoya said that if Pacquiao and Mayweather agree to fight on May 2nd then Alvarez Kirkland will move a week or two later. Wonder what will the Cotto camp do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Lads can we move discussion over to the Mayweather vs Pacman thread please and keep this thread for alerts to upcoming fights. Cheers.

Andy Lee to defend his WBO title against Peter Quillin in New York on April 11th. Billy Joe Saunders has agreed to step aside to allow the fight to happen.

You can see what looks like an interesting documentary on Carl Frampton

I had posted this on the forum sticky but it may be missed. Looks to be quite interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Good call!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Talk on twitter is Ward and Froch have been ordered by the WBA to schedule a fight within 120 days...great news. Ward gets the ultimate return to Boxing and hopefully he beats Froch easily again. Cannot stand that man.

RTE2 Wednesday @ 2100 hrs: John Joe Nevin documentary. Set your calendar.

I see Joshua has a real stiff test on Saturday....:rolleyes:

Jason Gavern is the opponent.

Talk about a backwards step!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

walshb wrote: »
    I see Joshua has a real stiff test on Saturday....:rolleyes:

Jason Gavern is the opponent.

Talk about a backwards step!

Just a warm up fight coming back from injury to get ready for Johnson in May.

Johner wrote: »
    Just a warm up fight coming back from injury to get ready for Johnson in May.

True.....What an upset if he lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Amir khan v chris algieri may 30th . Khans chin being protected again.

Richard Abril has pulled out of his title defense against Derry Matthews. Matthews team is looking to be allowed fight for the WBA title.

pac_man wrote: »

In terms of Paul Smith, how in the name of jaysus is he getting these breaks.

Are they breaks? It's not a title fight as far as I know. I wonder how much cash he makes from this. It's a journeyman opponent for Andre to ease him back in. Smith's going to receive a beat down.

pac_man wrote: »
    They most certainly are lucky breaks. After he got KO'd by Groves in 2 rounds, he somehow landed a world title shot by fighting lads that aren't even British title level. Apparently when one judge gives a dodgy score, while having no bearing on the outcome, entitles you to a rematch. He got beaten again and lets be honest, Abraham is borderline shot. Oh and for that privilege, he apparently got a purse that wasn't far off Lee's highest payday. I wouldn't mind he's not even the best supermiddle in his family never mind the top 5 in Britain.

Look if he gets these opportunities fair play to him,it's a tough way to make a living. I just think he's incredibly fortunate.

Yes, the AA fights were breaks. But this fight is not for a title. He's been fed to a lion!

Michael Woods of The Sweet Science website is reporting that Porter-Broner is almost done. Surprising match-up if true.

Henno30 wrote: »
    Michael Woods of The Sweet Science website is reporting that Porter-Broner is almost done. Surprising match-up if true.

Porter should steamroll through Broner. I'd be very surprised if Broner wants that fight.

walshb wrote: »
    Porter should steamroll through Broner. I'd be very surprised if Broner wants that fight.

It's coming out of nowhere if it happens. It's about what Al wants though, not Broner. He's given Broner three relatively soft touches since Chino and a step-up is long overdue. Given that Zab was supposedly the target a few weeks ago however, it seems like a dramatic turn of event.

I still find the Haymon career template for fighters to be bizarre and harmful for all concerned. Eighteen months to two years is the standard gap between fights with top level opposition for his guys. I don't know how anyone could defend it, it's an outrage.

I think it's bad for the fighters in some ways as well. I'm sure they're glad of the relatively easy pay-days, but it has to affect their development. It's no surprise Haymon still hasn't built a superstar. Cotto, Manny, and Floyd were all built by Arum. Canelo was built by Golden Boy to some extent. Haymon hasn't built anyone yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Panic E

Haymon is getting sued for 300mil by Golden Boy and being investigated for violating the Ali act (bit of gossip for ye)

Deontay Wilder vs Eric Molina is a fight that just got made. Glen Tapia vs Eric Molina for his NABO tile tomorrow night.

Advertisement