Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can u spoiler imgs?

Options
  • 24-03-2013 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

To save space, keeps on showing the img url under the spoiler.
    BertieAhern.jpg

Do u need to update the site to show the spoiler button or use a different tag?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sorry, not really sure what you're asking here tbh. You have an image tag under a spoiler, but you can't see the image or click on the url under the spoiler to view it, so I can't see what use this is.

It's also worth mentioning that the Test forum (on my phone so can't link) is perfect for testing out anything you're curious about. Just search for "Test" and I'm sure you'll find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Zaph wrote: »
    Sorry, not really sure what you're asking here tbh. You have an image tag under a spoiler, but you can't see the image or click on the url under the spoiler to view it, so I can't see what use this is.

Prime example would be this, the norm option for most forums.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showpost.php?p=687577&postcount=32322

No button on this site just that background color.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

RasTa wrote: »
    Prime example would be this, the norm option for most forums.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showpost.php?p=687577&postcount=32322

No button on this site just that background color.

Ah right, never seen anything like that before. It would probably be a question for Site Development rather than Feedback I reckon.

I think I've seen it on other forums, but I guess you have to wonder where on boards it'd be applicable?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's not a standard vbulletin option, that's why it's different, there is a different mod in place here compared to places that use the spoiler buttons.

It is handy at times, especially when using large images.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Surely the best way to "hide" images is to simply type in the URL. Posters can then click on the link if they wish

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Beasty wrote: »
    Surely the best way to "hide" images is to simply type in the URL. Posters can then click on the link if they wish

Hardly the best way. It's essentially the only way available here, but it's not a good method imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

5starpool wrote: »
    Hardly the best way. It's essentially the only way available here, but it's not a good method imo.
    Not a good method? It's simple and effective!

Want see a saucy and NSFW image? Click here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Dades wrote: »
    Not a good method? It's simple and effective!

Want see a saucy and NSFW image? Click here.

How is opening a new window or tab effective? It's also handy if someone posts some gigantic image that offsets the whole page.

Can this be moved to site development?

• Advertisement
Advertisement