Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Mods not appear to be Mods in forums where they don't moderate?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Let's put a few facts on the table, to help people assess this post.

I started the thread you're talking about - here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056832163 - and yes, I deliberately gave it a quirky subject. And note that it was started back in mid-December 2012.

In it, I gave a partial quote of a newspaper article, and said
    "From the Galway Indo site - anyone wanna do a counter protest about the protestors? tongue.png" - complete with an emoticon at the end of it.

A little later, I posted "Fleas are sentient beings too: if someone is opposed to the killing to feral cats, then logically they must be opposed to the killing of fleas too." - along with some speculation (clearly labelled as such) that it was all a PR whitewash and what Rentokil were killing was actually displaced rats.

After that, in every post until mid-March, I asked a questions eg if anyone had ever heard of pet rats. I did not provide information, so I'm really struggling to see how anyone could think that I provided mis-information.

Now you're suggesting that I should not have started the thread because it led other people to say mean things about people who work in cat-rescue.

And you think that "Yawn, I'm not a mod here, so I can push any agendas I want within the bounds of the forum charter. If you have a problem with my post or thread, you know where the "report post" button is." is sarcastic.

I'm not going to say anything more here - readers can draw their own conclusions.

Ah that old chestnut, the I'll stick an emoticon alongside it and spout any old hokum I like. Yes dear,you keep bumbling along:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Mods are people too and are entitled to their own opinion, whether they're ill-informed or not. The point is that they did nothing wrong, none of it was in breach of the rules - this is the whole point of a discussion forum.. people discuss things and they're not always going to be right.

I think I know the thread you're on about and the nobody said anything that would sway anyone else.

Just remember that if a Mod says anything inappropriate or breaks that particular forums charter, then report that particular post. Chances are that that particular mod will see it, but if I'm right, they can't do anything about it - mods don't have the power to delete the reports. If you feel like nothing was done about it in a given time, get in contact with the category mod.
    Yep, I think I can hear an odd sound in the distance, almost sounds like the licking of arses, although I'm sure I must be mistaken

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just remember that if a Mod says anything inappropriate or breaks that particular forums charter, then report that particular post.
    Definitely the best course of action.
    Chances are that that particular mod will see it, but if I'm right, they can't do anything about it - mods don't have the power to delete the reports.
    Unlikely. A mod of another forum to the one in question would have no notification of any reported post. They'd have to continually search reported posts to find their name in case anyone reported them. A pointless scenario given they couldn't do anything even if they had a mind to.
    If you feel like nothing was done about it in a given time, get in contact with the category mod.
    This is indeed the correct option if one really feels a reported post should have been actioned within the time elapsed.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, I think I can hear an odd sound in the distance, almost sounds like the licking of arses, although I'm sure I must be mistaken

I think that comment was totally uncalled for, and if that's the level of debate that we've now reached this thread serves no further useful purpose.

/thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement