Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would this do as a Fast Forward seatpost?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dited

Hard to tell without inspecting it, but I don't think you'd have sufficient adjustment to level your saddle after rotating the Ness seatpost. I tried it with a similar seatpost and the nose of the saddle was nearly pointing to the ceiling even at max adjustment. Wasn't a good day on the bike that day :P

The aluminium Fast Forward is available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

dited wrote: »
    Hard to tell without inspecting it, but I don't think you'd have sufficient adjustment to level your saddle after rotating the Ness seatpost. I tried it with a similar seatpost and the nose of the saddle was nearly pointing to the ceiling even at max adjustment. Wasn't a good day on the bike that day :P

The aluminium Fast Forward is available here.

but surely if its level the proper way round it could and should be level the opposite?
    on a budget and cannot afford a 70€ seatpost unfortunatley(love to but the missus would not be impressed)
    thanks
    for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Are you looking to reverse the pillar ?
    If this is the case you will want to check the clamp, as it is designed to be "flat" in the layback position and if reversed then this get messed up and many pillars do not have the range of motion to allow you to have a correct saddle position.
    I would be looking at a 0 offset, or a pillar with "side bolts" these will\should allow more adjustment in saddle angle if reveresed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

i also did the reverse trick on my road bike. The angle is slightly up, but nothing i havent been able adjusted to. Did the trick for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

miller82 wrote: »
    i also did the reverse trick on my road bike. The angle is slightly up, but nothing i havent been able adjusted to. Did the trick for me

which seatpost and also angle of seatpost roughly plz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

eh i just turned the seat post i got with the bike, around. there wasnt a massive difference in the angles. Slight decline originally, and then slight incline whne i turned it around

Advertisement