Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting Money in PayPal throught UlsterBank Online Banking?

Options
  • 24-03-2013 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

Paypal give you
    Beneficiary Name
    Bank
    Sort Code
    Account No
    Transfer ID
    to Transfer Money, but Ulster Bank only have
    Name of Person or Company
    Account No
    Sort Code
    Reference (Transfer ID)
    So I'm missing a Data place.:confused::mad:

Do you put Paypal in "Ulsters Name of person or company" or their Bank?

Or do you have to go in to the Bank to do it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Beneficiary name would be the name of the person/company you are paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 a1zz

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Beneficiary name would be the name of the person/company you are paying.
    So you'd leave out their Bank?

That's what I was gonna do alright, I'm assuming between account and sort code Ulster probably have enough to process it...then the thoughts of the hassle to sort it if it goes wrong hit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Has anyone ever found a solution to this problem as per the OP ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Ignore the bank, it's irrelevant.

The only important ones are:
    Account No
    Sort Code
    Reference

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The sort code identifies both the bank and branch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Just enter it as it's shown in your paypal page where you get the transfer id.

Ensure you use the IBAN/BIC and the Beneficiary name of "PAYPAL PTE LTD".

It is crucial that you put the Transfer ID that Paypal gives you on your personal paypal page into the Reference, otherwise the money won't get assigned correctly, the IBAN/BIC is a common one for all transfers not for your personal account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Well now Paypal just provide a BIC and IBAN. And Ulster Bank only allow you to set-up with account number and sort code so what to do here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

peteb2 wrote: »
    Well now Paypal just provide a BIC and IBAN. And Ulster Bank only allow you to set-up with account number and sort code so what to do here?

Swap to a bank that allows you to enter IBAN/BIC for transfers as any bank should do?

Well the IBAN displayed to me is IE18 BOFA 9900 6153 2020 43 so you could use that to generate the bank account and sort code because our Irish IBAN mostly follow and easy pattern of IEXXBankSortCodeAccount.

From my notes before IBAN it was Sort Code 990061 and account 53202043 which matchtes the IBAN, but you need to validate what the IBAN is that Paypal is giving you on the "load funds" page in your account settings.

Good Luck.

Advertisement