Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the longest you've gone without leaving your house?

• 24-03-2013 10:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭

I haven't left this house since I came home from work on Friday evening at 5. I've done nothing but watch TV and eat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Mr. Wong wrote: »
    I haven't left this house since I came home from work on Friday evening at 5. I've done nothing but watch TV and eat.

Class......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Me papa aus Fritzel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

About 4 ft, had to stretch to fetch something outside the front door and had so shoes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Dave0301

And now you're here, bragging!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Those ankle straps are a bitch, back to the joy in the morning with ye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

3 days at the most. Sulking for no apparent reason at all. Must have been my man period.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

leg in plaster so quite a looooong time..... :( Then bone broke again two days later and another looooong time :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

probably a month or 2 when i used to do nothing but play guild wars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Probably 4 days when I was sick. More than that and I get cabin fever.

I don't want to turn into little Edie from grey gardens who rarely left her **** covered, raccoon infested mansion in the hamptons. When the next owner was cleaning the house they only found the remain of 54 dead cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

It's a pity Aung San Suu Kyi isn't on Boards.

She'd win this competition by a long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

It was 2 weeks ago from yesterday :(
    I had major surgery so can't move around much. Starting to feel like im going mad !!

I did it once where I came home from work on the Friday, by Sunday morning I had cabin fever and went out!

I suck at relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mahou

chughes wrote: »

Wasn´t that the reason she stayed indoors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Nuclear Wheelchair

About 18 months from mid 1998 to jan 2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Nine weeks. Then I went for a walk on my own late one night and then didn't go out again for six weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I have not left my house in 14 years.

I live in an apartment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

4 days once when I was sick. Felt really weird stepping out into the real world again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

I suppose "about 12 hours" isn't really gonna cut it around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

Probably 3 or 4 weeks.
    On the lam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

About a week when I was sick a couple of years ago.
    Thought I was gonna go crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

4 days during the bad snow in 2010. i got plenty of smokes, food and drink in and didnt budge

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

31 years. I'm not allowed out.

Please Send help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

antodeco wrote: »
    31 years. I'm not allowed out.

Please Send help

It gets back in the cage or else it gets the hose again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Medme

Three days a couple of weeks ago...pretty convinced I was close to insane by the last one. Felt like a complete weirdo when I rejoined the outside world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I'd say Thursday. I went out earlier for 15 minutes. That's a bit of a record, being in the house that long. No job, finished college, I'm going stir crazy. I remember during study week in college I stayed in for about three days. Had to go for a walk to break the monotony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It was 2 weeks ago from yesterday :(
    I had major surgery so can't move around much. Starting to feel like im going mad !!

And how are those lips now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

About 18 months from mid 1998 to jan 2000.

Can't believe it took 18 months for the council to fit a ramp on the nuclear steps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Id say Julian Assange will be giving her a run for her money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Years ago I worked and lived in Munich. I was sharing an apartment with another lad I worked with. We lived on the 3rd floor and I arrived home on Thursday evening of a long weekend. I wasn't due back at work till Tuesday. I went out Thursday nite and got stupid drink and lost my keys but my mate was home and so let me into the apartment that night but when he got up the next morning to go to work and then head away that evening for the weekend he forgot I had no keys and locked me in! We had no phone and this was 1989 so no mobiles etc. I tried to get the attention of sine people on the street but no one spoke English and my German was limited so I checked the fridge and cupboards and we had plenty of food so I watched ****e German tv and a few videos until Monday night when my mate arrived back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Anne to be quite Frank about it, she'd deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Also post surgery so left the house after 14 days to go for a check up; was told to rest and not leave for another two weeks.. Talk about cabin fever..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

we have 3 v young kids so wife never leaves house Sun to Fri- often goes even 2 weeks if I do the w/e shopping - unless putting stuff in bin counts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I did it once where I came home from work on the Friday, by Sunday morning I had cabin fever and went out!

I suck at relaxing.

Or do you suck to relax, now that is the question:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm not putting the lotion in the basket.

I've been down a well for months but it's okay because I'm wearing roller-skates and being doused by a sprinkler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I once spent 2 days in my bed, Only got up to get food which i ate in bed (something i never do) and to go to the jax.

I dunno why i did it. I just lay there watching dvd's and ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭WittyKitty1

1 week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Didn't feel well one Saturday after breakfast, so went back to bed, woke Tuesday. That was a lovely Chinese dinner afterwards.

Banged my head in the first big snow, so only went out once in a week and a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Just over a week when I had the swine flu. I didn't want to move never mind go outside the first few days but when I started feeling better I was fit to murder someone to go outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Essentially the same here, but with added Tomb Raider and Game Of Thrones and a trip to the garage. This is the longest stretch I can recall of not leaving the grounds, other than stays caused by medical conditions.

Had a couple of cataract operations a few years ago, each of which had me housebound for most of a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

3 months while having depression 2 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

to the point footsteps become tip toes! then it's time I get my stomp on again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

I couldnt go one day without at the very least going for a 15 minute walk. Its not healthy otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

6 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

4 days during the bad snow in 2010. i got plenty of smokes, food and drink in and didnt budge

legend, proper order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Does the big house count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm not particularly outgoing, but I don't think I've ever gone more than two days without leaving the house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 aherringterm

A week on average, then go out Friday get horribly ****ed up, return Sunday morn, sleep start over. Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Not so much since things picked up for me college and work wise.I did love staying in for 2 or 3 days at a time.I still need that at least once a month.Love my own company, watching tv shows, playing vid games and my drums.Of course big amounts of food can be involved in these days in as well.I like feeling like there isn't a world outside my window sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I suck at relaxing.

I get cabin fevery too.

Thing is, I don't see needing to go out and about for fresh air as not relaxing. You're still not as rushed as you are during a work day, and can potter around at your own pace. Everyone relaxes in their own way!

Advertisement