Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubarry factory outlet in Galway

• 24-03-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone experience with buying shoes in their factory shop in Galway? Is there bargains to be had? Thanks in advance Rebelden.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

rebelden wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone experience with buying shoes in their factory shop in Galway? Is there bargains to be had? Thanks in advance Rebelden.

You wont find admirals there, but there is loads of the more obscure shoes/boots there. Expect to pay about 50-60% for shoes and about 60% for boots

It is actually a great place to but tshirts rugby jerseys jackets etc. Expect everthing to be seconds but almost perfect (loose threads etc)

Check the opening times because they are not open sunday

i think they are open Monday – Saturday 11.00 AM – 6.00 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭rebelden

Thanks for the information and quick reply back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cilli

rebelden wrote: »
    Hi
    I've bought school shoes for my children there. They lasted 2 years which is amazing. They were also much cheaper than in the shops. I'd recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alansteno

i dropped in to the factory shop in march and they had some deals but they also had shoes which were €90 and ex fashion shoot boots for over €200,

i thought it was dear

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

alansteno wrote: »
    i dropped in to the factory shop in march and they had some deals but they also had shoes which were €90 and ex fashion shoot boots for over €200,

i thought it was dear

It was probably a €335 boot http://ie-shop.dubarry.ie/collections/galway-boot-women

I was there last week and they had plenty of good stuff

Bought daughter school shoes for €20, a rugby shirt for €20 and a gilet for €50. reasonable to say should have cost 50, 50 and 120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

do they have the classic dubbary shoes and how much roughly. also how much for mens black working shoes roughly as they are by far the best quality, look good and very comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Popped in here last week for a look and passing. Not worth the diversion to be honest. Men's deck shoes appeared to be all €90- is that even a tenner "saving" off the full RRP? And not the same choice or styles. Shop is dismal also.
    Was there about 3 mins and left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

I have been there several times in the last few years to get the classic dubarry deck shoes generally two tone colours but they have solid brown and black often. Generally paid €50-€60 for them. But stock levels vary hugely and it's really just luck as to whether they will have a good selection the day your there. They also sell decent rugby tops, polo t-shirts etc for €20.

I think it's worth a trip but be prepared to go twice or three times to get what you want which won't suit people that are travelling a big distance to get to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Agree with CIP4 - You might get lucky and get what your looking for or another bargain - equally they might be nothing to interest you. Its pot luck.

Advertisement