Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Travel Card and cheapest commute options

Options
  • 24-03-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I've recently started a job in the city center and use the LUAS for my commute. I travel from zone 2 to city center and back which, for a one day return ticket, costs €3.70.

From what I can tell, the 30 day ticket is probably my cheapest option coming in at €65.

For this, however, I need a travel card. Having read the form* it states that it requires a 25mm width x 35mm height photo which is different to a passport photo seemingly.

I haven't used one of those photo machines in a while (10 years-ish) so I don't know if they'll do a photo that size.

So, my questions are:
    1. Is the €65 30 day ticket my cheapest option and
    2. Where does one get a 25mm width x 35mm height photo?

Thanks

*Link to form http://www.luas.ie/assets/files/forms/ID%20form.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You cut it to size - anywhere that does such photos have a special cutter that can do it quickly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I have a quick, related question so I might as well piggyback on this thread.

I'm going to get a Taxsaver ticket from a future job soon but apparently I need a "CIE photo ID". It says I can get them in major rail stations or DB HQ, does anyone know if I need to print off a form or bring a photo or what? It's not a student travelcard, unfortunately I'll soon be a real full-price-paying citizen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm going to get a Taxsaver ticket from a future job soon but apparently I need a "CIE photo ID". It says I can get them in major rail stations or DB HQ, does anyone know if I need to print off a form or bring a photo or what? It's not a student travelcard, unfortunately I'll soon be a real full-price-paying citizen.

Whoever administers the scheme at your employer may be able to issue you with one.

I just gave ours a photo, filled in a form and bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

In DB HQ you just need to bring yourself - they take the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

i cant find the exact address.
    can you please give me the address?

lxflyer wrote: »
    In DB HQ you just need to bring yourself - they take the photo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

i cant find the exact address.
    can you please give me the address?

59 Upper O'Connell St Dublin 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

If its a rail only card then you will need a digital photo. If its rail and bus then the CIE photo card will do you. Just take a passport size photo to say Connolly and you will get the card there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

That advice Carlmango,may be overtaken by events,as the Yearly Dublin Bus Taxsaver is now available on Leapcard,as will a number of other DB/Rail and DB/Luas products imminently.

If I was you I would get myself a Personalized LeapCard in preparation for the next phase of Leapcard ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Soar75

I find this photo business for the Luas Taxsaver way too complicated. For the annual tickets I am told both an actual photo (CIÉ Photo ID/Luas Photo ID) and a digital photo is needed. Still the size of the photo should be smaller than a regular passport photo. My question is where do I go to get a printed as well as a digital copy of my photo? Can DB HQ give you both of these? Anyone know?

Thanks

Advertisement