Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Back after five years...

Options
  • 25-03-2013 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Resubbed on a whim. Eh, what's changed? Any good corps about for someone mostly into running missions? Etc. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Try Love Squad, fair few irish there. Great attitude to the corp and alliance.

They're not much into missioning though :P More pvp wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The problem with pvp for me would be time commitment, I mostly do missions because I can fit them around young kids. Can't really go afk in a pvp fight to change a nappy. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

nesf wrote: »
    The problem with pvp for me would be time commitment, I mostly do missions because I can fit them around young kids. Can't really go afk in a pvp fight to change a nappy. :p

Look at one of the Major nulsec alliances?

Constant pvp yet you only need to take part when you're available and you can pve whenever you'd life.

That's what I'd be looking at if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

If you are looking to get into some quick cheap pvp look into the red vs blue alliances in highec.

It's basically two alliances that fight each other in roughly arranged fights.

It's a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

What part of
    Any good corps about for someone mostly into running missions?
    are people not getting with these replies about PVP?? :p

• Advertisement

azezil wrote: »
    What part of are people not getting with these replies about PVP?? :p

I started playing EvE in 2003, I'm pretty used to the "So I like running missions for whatever reason", "That's great! You sound just the like the guy we're looking for for our new low sec piracy corp!"

If you are looking to get into some quick cheap pvp look into the red vs blue alliances in highec.

It's basically two alliances that fight each other in roughly arranged fights.

It's a bit of fun.

I looked at them, they look like a lot of fun but the main roam seems to be on Sundays at 2 which clashes with a lot of family/other hobby stuff for me. Solo pvp has never appealed much to me, group pvp looks like a good laugh (I invariably prefer to play support characters in games so EW/whatever would appeal) but group pvp seems to require the setting aside of a block of time as sacrosanct usually.

I looked at them, they look like a lot of fun but the main roam seems to be on Sundays at 2 which clashes with a lot of family/other hobby stuff for me. Solo pvp has never appealed much to me, group pvp looks like a good laugh (I invariably prefer to play support characters in games so EW/whatever would appeal) but group pvp seems to require the setting aside of a block of time as sacrosanct usually.

Just join somewhere big enough that there is always something happening and when you feel like it join in, when you don't mission mission mission die of boredom mission mission :P

Just join somewhere big enough that there is always something happening and when you feel like it join in, when you don't mission mission mission die of boredom mission mission :P

It's good to see the anti-carebear racism is still in full force after all these years... :D

I think its more of people not really understanding why someone would want to mission full time? Its like you're doing it out of ignorance, the assumption that you never tried it before or always found it too intimidating. A lot of people join this game and never see beyond high sec, its like walking into mcdonalds and getting a single big mac all the time, never bothering to try out the mcflurry, egg mcmuffin and all the other wonderous things on the menu.

• Advertisement

I think its more of people not really understanding why someone would want to mission full time? Its like you're doing it out of ignorance, the assumption that you never tried it before or always found it too intimidating. A lot of people join this game and never see beyond high sec, its like walking into mcdonalds and getting a single big mac all the time, never bothering to try out the mcflurry, egg mcmuffin and all the other wonderous things on the menu.

No I know exactly what you mean. EvE because of its reputation attracts a lot of PvP orientated people and not that many PvE orientated people, this leads to a strong imbalance in the culture of the game. There is a kind of disbelief when you say "I'm not hugely interested in PvP play" because most people can't really understand that. It's kind of the opposite in WoW if you suggest that PvP there should have consequences, people usually can't understand why you'd ever want that. Again there's the same in the Starcraft community towards people who just buy the games to play the campaign and mess around against the AI.

Mining bores me to tears, I did it a bit many years ago and only found it tolerable when in a group and talking crap on TeamSpeak or whatever. Missioning is similar, it's fine once you have people to chat to in corp or whatever.

I can understand the whole relaxing social athmosphere from pve as i do it myself but its always a means to an end, what do you do with that isk earned? Get a bigger and better isking making ship/equipment/ability? Once you have that then what? Stockpile?

I can understand the whole relaxing social athmosphere from pve as i do it myself but its always a means to an end, what do you do with that isk earned? Get a bigger and better isking making ship/equipment/ability? Once you have that then what? Stockpile?

It's the eternal question with MMOs isn't it? What's the point? :)

I don't know, I play these games when the mood takes me, do the kind of things I like and when I get bored I just unsub for a bit until the mood takes me again. I'm the same with WoW and other MMOs.

It's the eternal question with MMOs isn't it? What's the point? :)

I don't know, I play these games when the mood takes me, do the kind of things I like and when I get bored I just unsub for a bit until the mood takes me again. I'm the same with WoW and other MMOs.

Thats the point im trying to make though, you get bored because pve is boring :P

Thats the point im trying to make though, you get bored because pve is boring :P

Hehe. It's more complicated than that for me but I accept your point. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I'm in a bit of a similar situation at the moment.Just got back into eve after only playing a trial account a few months back but now I have a bit more free time ,I've subbed.Almost finished all the tutorials again and have been advised to do an Epic Arch before I join a different corp from the default.I'd like to do a bit of everything really but don't want to join an overly strict corp as I doubt I'll have the amount of free time to dedicate to serious pvp.Ideally it'd be a corp that realises that people have a life outside of eve.I was in a wow guild a few years back and they took it so seriously and raids lasted so long ,it actually put me off playing in a guild and eventually playing wow altogether.I'm trying to avoid a similar situation in Eve so if anyone knows any easy going/social corps, give us a heads up and will look into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

In the same boat myself, resubbed on whim the other day, haven't played in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Join Red vs Blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

RichieD wrote: »
    Join Red vs Blue
    Isn't that all pvp?

Meatwad wrote: »
    Isn't that all pvp?

Yeah but its also extremely casual, don't equate pvp with uber serious commitment bandits, pvp is very accessible these days in eve. Alliances like
    Eve university, pizza, test etc throw out free rifters or whatever the cheap flavour of the month is at the time and just point you in some direction to kill/die, can be a lot of fun in laid back pvp corps/alliances like that, don't be intimidated by the idea of pvp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Resubbed on a whim. Eh, what's changed? Any good corps about for someone mostly into running missions? Etc. :D

If you are looking for casual missioning drop us a line. Small-ish missioning and mining corp, few Irish, UK and EU.

You would not be the only returning veteran ;)

Metro Chemical

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

I just subbed on the 5 day freebie.. And as Winter is Coming..... Im Thinking now Eve might get me through it.

But oh my luck. Its been nearly 2 years since any ship spinning was done.
    I logged back on with no corp and hostile to test Alliance. I'm in G95. 4jumps from a post battle bubble camp at 9pp. That's also my route back to hi sec... I couldn't believe my luck. Of all the places to log back in right in New Edens biggest warzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

I've started playing this again (subbed for 6 months previously). Am interested in learning to PVP - anyone I can join up with?

I've started playing this again (subbed for 6 months previously). Am interested in learning to PVP - anyone I can join up with?

I'd recommend going here https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=265 and look for a corp who advertise that they are active between the hours you play and also that they accept newer players and teach them how to pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Thanks muchly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Back myself after over 2 years away.

Found a nice bunch to pvp with in fountain and full access to ratting there.

Even managed to sort myself out with a nice new thanny for personal logistics with imperial navy resistance mods.

Join the "Irish" channel in game too by the way lads and ladies. Be social!

Advertisement