Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B Putney Roehampton

Options
  • 25-03-2013 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I am attending a course in roehampton uni near Putney for a few days. Will be staying in a B and B on my own! Is this a safe area for a woman on her own at night? Any recommendations of b and bs in the area please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Its got the biggest estate in London. My girlfriend went to Roehampton uni, I'm guessing its a teaching course?

Like alot of London you have two parts of Roehampton One side is an estate which is very dodgy and the other side of the road you have some of the most expensive houses in London.

If it was me staying in the area, I would stay out side Roehampton Area If it was me I would stay in:

Putney ( The 265 bus would get you to Putney bridge) Where there is a premier inn
    Richmond (The 493 bus would get you to Richmond) There is also a Premier inn near by.
    Barnes ( the 969/72 bus would get you to Barnes)
    Sheen ( The 496 would get you there)

If you want dirt cheap theres a Travelodge in Twickenham where I live and you could get the train and a bus to Roehampton. My GF does it everyday to her school in Putney.
    All have train stations to get to the city and airports ( Use Gatwick or Heathrow as its a 3 hour train trip to Luton or Stansted)

Use http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/ to work out an area that you can get to from Roehampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KittyChai

Thank you

Advertisement