Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wooden entrance gates - supplier?

Options
  • 25-03-2013 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hello,

I want to fit a set of wooden entrance gates, 6 feet tall by approc 11.5 foot wide. Just manual gates with a good lock on them. Any suggestions as to supplier and possible cost, if anyone had acquired same recently? i am in Glenageary Co. Dublin. Got quote already of 1250, not sure if good or bad? Also haven't seen the gates yet so not sure of quality. But at least it is a starting quote. That price is supplied and fitted

Thanks in advance for any input/advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Kildafornia

Hi there, I'm pricing something similar myself at the moment. €1250 seems like excellent value. I assume this is for pressure treated softwood (something like swedish redwood)? I was quoted €1730 +vat for same from Leinster Timber Gates. A good hardwood like iroko teak would cost more, I was quoted €2800 +vat by Burke Bros Joinery.

Mind if I ask who gave you that quote?

Advertisement