Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying to US and entering Canada by land on IEC visa

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

can someone clarify this. Im planning on going to toronto on my 2 year visa in August. My other half will be in New York for the summer so i plan to go over for a week or so and then on to canada. Can i get a one way flight to New York and then a one way flight from new york to Canada? having all this booked before i leave boviously.

If not can i then get a one way flight to canada and get a return bus journey from toronto to new york

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

can someone clarify this. Im planning on going to toronto on my 2 year visa in August. My other half will be in New York for the summer so i plan to go over for a week or so and then on to canada. Can i get a one way flight to New York and then a one way flight from new york to Canada? having all this booked before i leave boviously.

If not can i then get a one way flight to canada and get a return bus journey from toronto to new york

I'm going to do the same thing , except I'm going to California then flying up to Vancouver.
    I was advised not to arrive into the States with a one way ticket , even if you can demonstrate you have every intention to going to Canada afterwards. Arriving there like that will mark you as suspicious , and theres a good chance they'll question you further. Odds are that if you can prove you're going to Canada , can show your visa and have funds they'll let you through, but its not something I'd be prepared to risk personally.

If I were you, I'd fly to Canada and get a bus/train down.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

Lmnover wrote: »
    hi we are looking at booking flights now and shopping around and just wondering what other people are coming up with and who is cheapest??

Best I can do at the moment is 1800€ for 2 adults and infant flying end of June and back 21st December with edreams..... anyone else do any better? I know we are going/coming at bad times but cant be helped!!

WITH MY RESEARCH ITS CHEAPER TO FLY THROUGH THE U.S BECAUSE OF THE HASSLE / US CUSTOMS - AND THE EDREAMS FLIGHT FOR 1800€ MEANS DUBLIN/NEWARK/TORONTO/SASKATOON - OUCH WITH A TODDLER! LOOKING ON BUDGETAIR.IE AND CAN GET DUBLIN/TORONTO/SASKATOON WITH FLIGHT TIME OF 12 HOURS FOR 2000 FOR 3 OF US

IS ANYONE DOING ANY BETTER ON FLIGHTS - ITS PAINFUL!
    ANYWONE GOING THROUGH HEATHROW? BIG MONEY FOR FLIGHTS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Lmnover wrote: »
    WITH MY RESEARCH ITS CHEAPER TO FLY THROUGH THE U.S BECAUSE OF THE HASSLE / US CUSTOMS - AND THE EDREAMS FLIGHT FOR 1800€ MEANS DUBLIN/NEWARK/TORONTO/SASKATOON - OUCH WITH A TODDLER! LOOKING ON BUDGETAIR.IE AND CAN GET DUBLIN/TORONTO/SASKATOON WITH FLIGHT TIME OF 12 HOURS FOR 2000 FOR 3 OF US

IS ANYONE DOING ANY BETTER ON FLIGHTS - ITS PAINFUL!
    ANYWONE GOING THROUGH HEATHROW? BIG MONEY FOR FLIGHTS!

check airtransat

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

Hi Clairefontaine said in her posts - I would stay well clear of the US. You need the ESTA visa to pass through.

This is particularly important if you are flying to Canada on a work permit which you obtain at POE. US customs will most likely want to see all your documentation surrounding your Canadian permit and there is a risk of entry refusal.

Declan

• Advertisement
Advertisement