Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol/diesel prices

Options
  • 25-03-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Noticing of late fuel prices in sligo hitting highs compared to our neighbouring counties or over to east coast and capital once again sligos seems to have the ability to be one of the most expensive county's in Ireland once again,for example diesel 149.9 in Boyle and he cheapest I see in sligo 153.9

Why is this so???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Sometimes cheap diesel is not a great idea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

This is from genuine outlets I am talking about,it has nothing todo with the issue of washed fuel,it why s sligo always more expensive than its surround areas

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I used to go to an unbranded petrol station as petrol was up to a few cent per litre cheaper, with a tank bringing a saving of only about a euro.

Now nearly also go to one of branded ones when I can, as even though more expensive, I get an better MPG from the tank.

NOt sure about Sligo, bit I know of other towns in the NW, where petrol stations agreed to match their prices so one did not have an monopoly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

We went to Ennis awhile ago and the further we got from Sligo the cheaper the petrol. Also drove to Dublin and was cheaper around Longford but around the same near Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Sligo is not the dearest, Galway City is averaging €1.54 - €1.56 a litre. Regardless of the current price, I have always noticed Galway to be at least 2-3 cents a litre dearer than Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

I also notice when in Roscommon at the weekend how much cheaper it is there also.

In Galway city I would expect it to be more, just as in Dublin or any other major city is more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

in dublin last week i found prices not to be expensive if any thing a bit cheaper than sligo

Advertisement