Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishSpeedTraps forced to change username and Garda stats thread deleted

Options
  • 25-03-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

After using the same username of IrishSpeedTraps on boards for 6 years without any objection I've suddenly been forced to change by Beruthiel or else be site banned.

This happened at the same time as my thread in Motors critising the recent Garda GoSafe speed camera stats was removed without any explanation. I messaged all mods of Motors forum last week to ask why the thread was deleted but no reply.

What is happening here? This is all looking very suspicious. Can someone please reply (on thread here) and tell me what is going on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Username changes are standard practice when someone promotes their website through their username.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Spear wrote: »
    Username changes are standard practice when someone promotes their website through their username.

How can it be ok for 6 years then suddenly it becomes an issue when I post on a topic critising a Garda press release, which is deleted?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Most likely simply not seen before now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I.S.T. wrote: »
    After using the same username of IrishSpeedTraps on boards for 6 years without any objection

That was because it was not noticed by this sites Admin.
    This happened at the same time as my thread in Motors critising the recent Garda GoSafe speed camera stats was removed without any explanation.

Which I know nothing about and you would have to contact the Mods of the Motors forum in order to find out why.
    What is happening here? This is all looking very suspicious.

You're being paranoid.
    There is nothing suspicious.
    As I have explained to you already via PM, people who promote their business in their nickname are breaking the rules of this site.
    You are not the only person I have contacted about this.
    When I come across someone breaking the rules, I always request they change their name.

I also sent you the Terms and Conditions of this site for you to read.
    It's there in black and white.
    Please read them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement