Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Management waiting time

Options
  • 25-03-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've just spent 45 mins on hold on the Credit Management number.  I've had to hang up because I've got better things to do than sit listening to hold music.  Frankly, I'm sick of the whole eircom process, cancelling an account took 5 phone calls to various people, being bounced from pillar to post, until I finally managed a cancellation.

I received a bill after I cancelled, and was informed (in a sixth call) that the final bill would be sent out, and they would cancel each other out.  I got a final bill, with a difference of 4.53, which I ignored.  However - without I may add a direct debit mandate (just a bank account number) - eircom then went and took that 4.53 from my bank account on Friday morning.

A further call (7th and 8th) to customer service on Saturday and I was informed I needed to contact Credit Management, who don't appear to have anybody working there.

This is extremely annoying, and I plan on raising an issue with comreg, but for now, I'd like to get my money back and never be troubled by eircom again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

corblimey wrote: »
    I've just spent 45 mins on hold on the Credit Management number.  I've had to hang up because I've got better things to do than sit listening to hold music.  Frankly, I'm sick of the whole eircom process, cancelling an account took 5 phone calls to various people, being bounced from pillar to post, until I finally managed a cancellation.

I received a bill after I cancelled, and was informed (in a sixth call) that the final bill would be sent out, and they would cancel each other out.  I got a final bill, with a difference of 4.53, which I ignored.  However - without I may add a direct debit mandate (just a bank account number) - eircom then went and took that 4.53 from my bank account on Friday morning.

A further call (7th and 8th) to customer service on Saturday and I was informed I needed to contact Credit Management, who don't appear to have anybody working there.

This is extremely annoying, and I plan on raising an issue with comreg, but for now, I'd like to get my money back and never be troubled by eircom again.
    Hi corblimey

I can see that all this would cause alot of inconvenience and I apologise for this. I see that you should not have been charged the €4.53 and I also apologise for this error.

I have arranged €4.53 to be credited to your eircom account, you shall receive a final bill stating a balance of 0.00 and you shall also recieve a rebate in the form of a cheque to this amount within 6 to 8 weeks.

Best wishes

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Hi corblimey
    you shall also recieve a rebate in the form of a cheque to this amount within 6 to 8 weeks.

Best wishes

Al
    wow that's shocking. If I was him I would go into the bank and get the charged reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Hi corblimey

I can see that all this would cause alot of inconvenience and I apologise for this. I see that you should not have been charged the €4.53 and I also apologise for this error.

I have arranged €4.53 to be credited to your eircom account, you shall receive a final bill stating a balance of 0.00 and you shall also recieve a rebate in the form of a cheque to this amount within 6 to 8 weeks.

Best wishes

Al
    Al, 

Tks for the help.  It really is shocking that eircom can set up a dd without a signed mandate form (my bank confirmed that this is the case), that it is IMPOSSIBLE to contact credit management and that it takes 30 seconds to take my money, but 6-8 weeks (and a further trip to my bank) to get it back.  Another reason I'm glad I'm not an eircom customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Al, 

Tks for the help.  It really is shocking that eircom can set up a dd without a signed mandate form (my bank confirmed that this is the case), that it is IMPOSSIBLE to contact credit management and that it takes 30 seconds to take my money, but 6-8 weeks (and a further trip to my bank) to get it back.  Another reason I'm glad I'm not an eircom customer.

Hi corblimey,

We always give the option for a customer to have the direct debit mandate sent out. Again I apologise for the issues you had cancelling the account.

I can assure you all the outstanding balance has been cleared on the account

CURRENT BALANCE OUTSTANDING              0.00

Thanks, Mark

As a follow up, this week I finally  received a cheque from eircom for the outstanding amt, more than 4 months after requesting it, and the 2 responses here telling me it was on the way.  Comreg had to get involved (and frankly I was hoping for more than just my money back, but Comreg can't really do much about it to be fair) otherwise I would still be waiting.

I will never again entertain the thought of using eircom, and have already made my feelings clear to family and friends - my brother in law has already cancelled his broadband with them.  It really is a shocking and disgraceful way to run a business, and the amount of complaints on this board are testament to the general incompetence of the company (rep's here on boards.ie notwithstanding).

Today I got a call from someone in eircom who wanted me to call them back.  I won't be doing that, I'll simply cash my cheque (or frame it) and be done with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

As a follow up, this week I finally received a cheque from eircom for the outstanding amt, more than 4 months after requesting it, and the 2 responses here telling me it was on the way. Comreg had to get involved (and frankly I was hoping for more than just my money back, but Comreg can't really do much about it to be fair) otherwise I would still be waiting.I will never again entertain the thought of using eircom, and have already made my feelings clear to family and friends - my brother in law has already cancelled his broadband with them. It really is a shocking and disgraceful way to run a business, and the amount of complaints on this board are testament to the general incompetence of the company (rep's here on boards.ie notwithstanding).Today I got a call from someone in eircom who wanted me to call them back. I won't be doing that, I'll simply cash my cheque (or frame it) and be done with you.
    Hi corblimey,

I am very sorry to hear this and of all the troubles you have had with us. I understand it must have been very frustrating. 

Have you logged a formal complaint in relation to this?

Thanks

Tracey

And how would I do that, call eircom complaints dept?  No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

And how would I do that, call eircom complaints dept?  No thanks.
    Ok corblimey

If you change your mind eircom complaints can be contacted on free phone 1800200481.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'd be more worried about how Eircom got access to your bank account and took money from it without your permission. Surely that's theft?

Apparently not.  They can get money without a dd mandate, my bank confirmed this

• Advertisement
Advertisement