Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

agr tank

Options
  • 25-03-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Ok being a complete pleb and all I'm back looking for help!!

bought an agr tank, some cartos and a punch and im coming up against a slightly annoying problem.

So punched the carto and filled it, put it in to the agr and screwed it to my vamo....filled the tank and put the top back on and left it to soak.

Came back five mins later and feckin juice everywhere!

tried it a few times and happened each time so after nearly 50 mils of juice i threw it in the bin in a fit of rage...(later to sheepishly retreive said tank from bin).

so can anyone explain to me what im doin wrong here..

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You've screwed the bottom part firmly on?

If so, it sounds like you've either punched the carto too much (you should punch until you hear a light snap and then a quarter-turn more) or you're using a Smoktech DCC (leakalicious).

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

grindle wrote: »
    You've screwed the bottom part firmly on?

If so, it sounds like you've either punched the carto too much (you should punch until you hear a light snap and then a quarter-turn more) or you're using a Smoktech DCC (leakalicious).

Nope screwed on as tight as i could physically acheive without resorting to bench vices and grips :D

using boge xls and didnt think i ran the ounch to far in

could the o rings be gone on the tank??

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

where did you punch the hole? is it inside visible glass area just above bottom metal parts?
    hole should be visible through glass/plexy and not too far down, ideal couple mills above bottom.
    Also just 1 hole? and did you screwed the puncher all the way in or just to pierce it?
    Picture please if in doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I use a Kir Fanis punch and its set dead right for punching and it doesn't wear or weaken either. Worth investing in a good one.

I have seen some complaints on UKV about the AGR leaking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I found it's the pressure of the air on the juice pushing juice down into the airholes that's causing it to leak.Try filling the tank only halfway by taking the top off,not through the fill hole!,remove the fill hole screw,screw the top back on and leave it standing up for a few minutes.I haven't had a leak since.By taking the fill hole screw off,you're letting excess trapped air out when you tighten the top down,thus relieving the air pressure on the juice that's being forced down.

Also,if you find the juice isn't going into the carto,just remove the fill hole screw and suck on the drip tip once of twice (until you hear a faint gurgle),put the screw back on and vape away.

• Advertisement

thanks for the replies guys... tried everyting there over lunchtime and it pissed out juice between the locking base and the bottom of the tank....

at a loss here

• Registered Users Posts: 31 awatch

I have two AGR tanks and both work beautifully with no leaks. But, when I set them up initially I had leaks just like you.

My biggest problem was with the cartos flooding. I looked at the tutorials online and tried punching 2 holes one hole and even tried slotting them. Nothing worked - floods every time. Finally I tried a single very small hole. Perfect. With a carto punch turn the screw gently until you hear a click as it breaks through the metal. Then continue to turn it for a quarter of a turn, no more than that. The hole it makes is very small but with my 70/30 PG/VG mix it works perfectly.

After you have punched the carto fill it using the condom method which is the easiest way. Then seat the carto firmly in to the base of the tank. Sometimes it seems as though it is full pushed in but it is not. Apply a descent bit of pressure in the carto without slicing your hand open (have done that)! When you are sure that it is in as far as it can go screw on the locking base nice and tightly! If this isn't all seated and tightened correctly you get the leak between the tank base and the locking base.

Now, fill the tank to about 75%. Unscrew the the little screw from the tank cap and take out. Screw the cap on to the tank slowly which allows the air to release through the little screw hole. When it is full screwed on replace the filler screw, stick on your driptip and all should be well.

When you take a drag you should see a little bubble appearing from the punch hole and floating to the surface. If you see this then it should is feeding the carto properly.

It is worth persevering with as they are great tanks! I always have two on the go with different flavours :o)

thought i had it beat there....five mins of vaping and leaking through the locking base again....cock!

feelpablo wrote: »
    thought i had it beat there....five mins of vaping and leaking through the locking base again....cock!
    have you tried a different carto?

pmcmahon wrote: »
    have you tried a different carto?

yeah three of them today!!

• Advertisement

feelpablo wrote: »

yeah three of them today!!
    I'd imagine its a dodgy tank you've gotten,perhaps get back onto the vendor.Is the Carto in anyway loose when you put it in the end? (not the locking part)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Same thing happened to me, drove me insane, nearly gave up on it! I cut a slot in the cart with a junior hacksaw after my punch went blunt from punching about 3 carts!
    Thought I was cutting the slot too big(about 5mm) so I kept reducing the size of the slot, but that didnt work.
    Eventually I tried whats mentioned above about leaving out the little filler screw when screwing the top cap back on and I havent had a flooding issue since.
    I also stick a bit of tissue down the cart when filling and after I screw on the top cap to soak up any excess juice, one sheet of bog role, unused works best imho :-P

Advertisement