Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironma result comparasion

Options
  • 25-03-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

Since we are talking about comparing performances
    that is a side i would think has potential in the future ( maybe in 2 years time) , to normalise Ironman perfornace ( it will never be totally acurate but cetrainlly can help to normalise times to more realistic levels than now.

http://www.trirating.com/course-ratings/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

peter kern wrote: »
    Since we are talking about comparing performances
    that is a side i would think has potential in the future ( maybe in 2 years time) , to normalise Ironman perfornace ( it will never be totally acurate but cetrainlly can help to normalise times to more realistic levels than now.

http://www.trirating.com/course-ratings/

How does he adjust for quality of field? i.e. the American AG races are very strong at the top but fade to fat and sh1te very quickly. Some of the Euro and Aussie races are much deeper in terms of strength.

He is working from the assumption that the standard of field is the same. Its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I think I said it could be good in 2 years time and not that it was good?

i might have this wrong but at the moment it seems only to compare pros? Aussie pros live mailnly in the Us during the northern hemisphere summer.
    so in this case price money and kona points might be a more important factor of the depth of the field ?

I like the idea that one day the actuall time would be besides the normalised time in race results and I would guess that a good system would come quite close to make times more comparable (, than we could use courses that prevent drafting ( hilly bikes) and people can still brag about times and get a better idea how they stag up against other people times.

Even though its quite silly right now to compare times as it means really pretty much nothing, ( austria 2011 and 2012 where totally different races) most of us want to compare them.

I guess few people would disagree that lanzarotte has less-not none- drafting impact than Florida.

Advertisement