Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando - DisneyWorld

Options
  • 25-03-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    3 of us (2 adults 1 child) are heading to Orlando the last week of August - 1st week of September. Staying in the Melia Suites in Celebration, flying direct with Aer Lingus. Renting a car for the two weeks. I havent been in DisneyWorld in over 20 years, so Im trying to think of the best plan for the two weeks. I was thinking:

2 x days for travel (over and back)
    5 x days for Disney
    2 x days for Univeral Studios
    1 x day for SeaWorld
    1 x day Busch Gardens
    3 x days for general sight seeing
    Others have mentioned Kennedy Space Centre?

Can anyone give any tips or tricks or whats the best way to go about this trip?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

antodeco wrote: »
    Hi all,
    3 of us (2 adults 1 child) are heading to Orlando the last week of August - 1st week of September. Staying in the Melia Suites in Celebration, flying direct with Aer Lingus. Renting a car for the two weeks. I havent been in DisneyWorld in over 20 years, so Im trying to think of the best plan for the two weeks. I was thinking:

5 x days for Disney
    1 x day for SeaWorld
    1 x day Busch Gardens

Thanks
    what age is the child??? Have you got your tickets yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Hi all,

5 x days for Disney
    1 x day for SeaWorld
    1 x day Busch Gardens

Thanks

A lot of this will depend on the age of the child.

Busch Gardens is roller coaster heavy and quite a drive from Celebration.

Seaworld is very heavy on shows and animal tours, more suited to a relaxed day.

Kennedy Space centre is movies, museums and some interactive displays but younger children will get bored, also its quite a drive.

Get Park to Park tickets for Universal. Islands of Adventure and Universal studios are right beside each other and you can hop from one to the other.

I'd suggest going to the parks less. Having a park day then a rest day. Going to the parks early (packing lunches is key to not killing your funds!) and making full day entertainment out of it, especially for the night shows, then grabbing dinner on the way home. You'll be surprised how wrecked you are after walking the lengths of the parks a few times over, not to mention queuing.

Kissimmiee is kinda light on sightseeing (Celebration is gorgeous) and orlando is a bit of a drive away and kind of dull (imo).

Source: I'm just back from Orlando and go every year for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

5 x days for Disney
    2 or 3 x days for Univeral Studios
    1 x day for SeaWorld
    1 x day Busch Gardens
    3 x days for general sight seeing = shopping usually :(

Thanks

Tips, (I'm a planner, doesn't suit everyone)

Get to the parks well before opening, you will get loads done in the first couple of hours before the place fills up. Go on to the Disney & Universal parks websites, pick your top five must do's for each park & do them first, after that everything else is a bonus

We use busy day guides to pick what park on what day, works for us, here are a few,
    http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/busy-day-guide.php?hours=08+2013

http://www.undercovertourist.com/planning/when-to-visit/disney-world-crowds-calendar_august-2013.html#disney-opening-hours

http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/08-august-2013-crowd-calendar/

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/universal/crowd-calendar/

We usually take a break from the parks every 3/4 days

If you were thinking of eating at any particular Disney restaurants better start booking, people start making reservations 180 days ahead of arriving

Have a read of this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75870642

Enjoy

Advertisement