Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faculty of science & engineering FYP

Options
  • 25-03-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭

Hello peeps, I'm due to start my FYP in September and have a fair idea on what I want to do it in depending on approvals from course leader and coop company etc
    Does anyone know what the accepted word count for this format of FYP is ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

You'd have to check with your supervisor and/or your department's FYP coordinator. I don't recall a specific wordcount in our department

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Some departments don't have a word count but a format that has to be followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

MABE used to be maximum of 70 pages in the main body of the report, no word limit. Not sure if that still applies. They also specified formatting rules for margins, fonts, line spacing. Every department tends to have its own rules/guidelines: check with the department co-ordinator.

Advertisement