Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I entitled to extra for my son?

• 25-03-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I am receiving weekly JSA of 188 and I am wondering am i entitled to extra for my 20 month old son?
    I am not with his mother anymore but i have him for a while almost every day.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

AFAIK, no. I assume the mother is claiming One Parent? I'd check with Welfare. They might be able to assign a portion of the supplement for the periods you have your son. Is there a custody agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mynameis_

Hi,no there is no custody agreement, we're on fairly good terms, but yes she is claiming lone parent so i better go checck with them.
    Thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I think you'll be asked to pay maintenance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

The last poster might be right, unfortunately. Are you working, OP? I assume from your post the answer's no. Are you giving any money towards your son's upkeep?

If there's no formal custody arrangement, and you're on good terms with the mother, I wouldn't go rocking the boat just yet. Before you put your head above the parapet with Welfare, I'd have a word with Citizen's Information.

As things stand, there's nothing to stop the mother going to court and getting maintenance. If you're on benefits, it won't exempt you, I'm afraid. You'll still be asked to pay something.

Get advice before you approach Welfare.

Advertisement