Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Wine Sale from €3.53 per bottle when you buy 6 bottles.

• 25-03-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Lidl Wine Sale from Monday 25th to Saturday 30th of March
    20r36vo.png

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That is better than the Tesco offer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Just noticed Lidl are closed on Sunday 31st. March, so last day for this is Saturday.
    Also Heineken cans are 6 for €6 on Saturday only: http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-85DC2C71-085D80F2/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/super-saturday.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fgaha

Can anyone recommend any of those wines. We have to buy wine for our wedding so would be great if we could get them at this price!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They are nice wines but I'm not sure I would use them for a wedding.
    With Dunnes & Tesco having the 25% off offers for 6 or more,
    I'd go for them instead.
    Dunnes is 25% back in clubcard vouchers, Tesco is 25% off the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

fgaha wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any of those wines. We have to buy wine for our wedding so would be great if we could get them at this price!!!

Would be a bit grim to find one of these on the table at a wedding.
    I reckon you should look into some of the mail order wine suppliers to see what deals they could do. Might be worth a ferry ride to France

• Advertisement

Lidl also have a "Wine of the Week" every week for €5 (not this week because of case deals). I think they've been good wines so far. Another way to buy reasonable wines at good price.

I found some reviews/scores for these case deal wines online:

The Merlot got a good review online: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/mar/05/wine-fiona-beckett-merlot-review
    The 2010 Chilean Pedro Jimenez scored very well (case deal is 2012): http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-5FAF3E58-2A519935/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/product-reviews-awards.htm?action=showDetail&id=35
    The South Africa Shiraz/ Cabernet Sauvignon 2009/10 scored well (case deal is 2012): http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-5FAF3E58-2A519935/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/product-reviews-awards.htm?action=showDetail&id=70

For a wedding you might be interested in a good deal on Pol Aime Champagne at Tesco. It works out at €12 a bottle with 25% six bottle discount: http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=257073588

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I've tried the Cimarosa Reds before and I was surprised how good they were for the price. 13.5 per cent alcohol form memory so they had a bit of bite.

Might not be first choice for a wedding wine but if the budget is an issue you won't get a more acceptable red at that price. Cheapest altternative is probably somewhere like obriens wines where you will pay €8/10 a bottle minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Superquinn often have oyster bay for like €7-10 on special and I effing hate wine but love oyster bay. You can get some bargains in superquinn on alcohol. But its all about when you buy it. Watch the papers for this weekend with the bank holiday coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I'm going to buy some of the white wine as cooking wine. sauces, fish dishes, late night licking the floor nothing else there vino. that type of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

It beats me how they can sell very drinkable wines at this price. I have yet to come across a wine I didn't enjoy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I really like their wines, especially the Colombard Chardonnay which is nomally <€5.50 /bottle but if i saw it a wedding i'd be a bit of a snob about it and think it was a cheap thing to do. Double standards i know but just being honest :o

I suppose it depends on what you view a wedding as; a celebration of the union of 2 people in love, or an event to impress your friends and family by how much money you spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Oracle wrote: »
    I suppose it depends on what you view a wedding as; a celebration of the union of 2 people in love, or an event to impress your friends and family by how much money you spend.

:D:D:D:D:D

So if someone is discussing entertaining 150 people and is wondering whats the best wine to get for their budget, according to you they've lost the vision of the sanctity of marriage if they don't go for the cheapest on offer?

Are they doomed to lead a life of no meaning if they dont serve frozen chicken nuggets for dinner?

Separate the "union of marriage" from "what do I feed my guests".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Lidl normally has a fancy wine section next to the usual wine section and you can pick up a bottle for 6-8 euro. The ones I've tried are all perfectly nice wines and they don't look like Lidl wines
    They also have more expensive wines in this section for some more fancy occasions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

:D:D:D:D:D

So if someone is discussing entertaining 150 people and is wondering whats the best wine to get for their budget, according to you they've lost the vision of the sanctity of marriage if they don't go for the cheapest on offer?

Are they doomed to lead a life of no meaning if they dont serve frozen chicken nuggets for dinner?

Separate the "union of marriage" from "what do I feed my guests".

I so wish there was an opposite to the "thanks" button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

homer911 wrote: »
    It beats me how they can sell very drinkable wines at this price. I have yet to come across a wine I didn't enjoy..

Highly skilled buyers and enormous purchasing power is my guess. Plus a corporate strategy to gain market share. Get people in with these offers. Aldi has the very successful super 6, Lidl has this. Lidl make a loss on a €3,53 bottle of wine...

Advertisement