Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine

Options
  • 25-03-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Might have to replace the washing machine :(

Any good deals going that anyone knows of? Or will I just head to PowerCity?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

Bosh WAQ24461GB 8kg 1200rpm washing machine purchased from Irwin Electrical today for €429 + €10 delivery. Bosh prices have increased across the board and as far as I can remember the price for new stock is €530 for the same machine. This Bosh machine is 6th on the “Best Buys” list of over 200 machines tested by Which Magazine.

The price for this exact same model in Curry is €639.99. Any comment from Curry regarding their huge mark-up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Harvey Normans are doing a free delievery,instalation and take away old applience job this weekend.

Think you have to spend 349 euro or more to avail of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

paddy147 wrote: »
    Harvey Normans are doing a free delievery,instalation and take away old applience job this weekend.

Think you have to spend 349 euro or more to avail of it.

That's for fridge freezers only.

That's for fridge freezers only.

Ah thats a load of ice cubes....:rolleyes::pac::(

Thats Harvey Normans loss right there so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Did have a sale on until Sunday night. If you want a real bargain. Buy a German made one like Bosch or Siemens as they last. A cheap British made one will cost you a fortune in the long run. My mother has a German made miele that does 2 washes a day for the last 11 years and not a single problem with it. German appliances are made to last

• Advertisement

hfallada wrote: »
    Did have a sale on until Sunday night. If you want a real bargain. Buy a German made one like Bosch or Siemens as they last. A cheap British made one will cost you a fortune in the long run. My mother has a German made miele that does 2 washes a day for the last 11 years and not a single problem with it. German appliances are made to last

German "branded" yet made in China....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Currys have one for €179 at the moment. I tried to buy one from them a couple of months ago, but anything I wanted wasn't in stock, but you might be lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

paddy147 wrote: »
    German "branded" yet made in China....:pac:

Miele are German and made in Germany.

Bosch entry level Machines are made in Spain however the main products are made in Germany.

Advertisement